Who said film was dead? [public nude photography in New York]

beepy

<p>A friend forward this article from the NY Post on photographer's Zach Hyman's public nude work:</p>

<blockquote>

<p><a href="http://www.nypost.com/seven/08202009/news/regionalnews/striphanger_185422.htm">Striphanger</a></p>

</blockquote>

<p>The amazing part to me:-) is doing this with a Hasselblad 500 - he's not taking the safe 9 - 15 frames/s high end digital out.<br>

Film lives on.</p>

<p>Great story! Regarding the Hasselblad-part: I don't know if this matters if he gets caught but a classic looking camera (a Rolleiflex TLR would be even better than the Blad :-)) may help to underline the artistic approach to the passengers (a pro-DSLR with a big zoom and a strobe would possibly associate „paparazzo“ or another unloved type of photographer).</p>

<p>How fun would that be to do? Georg, I think you're right. With the proper equipment, a lot of people don't question what you're doing. I'm diggin' that energy thing. Can you imagine a crowd erupting into applause or cheers after you do a shoot? God bless NY<g>.</p>

<p>Thanx for that link - I really liked to read it and I had the same thoughts as Georg and Michael that a pro-DSLR would be the wrong approach.<br>

Lately I bought a Rolleiflex TLR and have the experience that this does not make the people 'afraid', instead the pro-DSLR does always cause at least the people to look distressed (if I found the correct English word).<br>

Instead the Rolleiflex causes the people to hold on and start taking (friendly).</p>

<p>Going to the 'limit' like they did/do for sure is pure adrenaline - and I think it's positive adrenaline.<br>

Regards Axel</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Yes.</p>

<p>Paul Strand early 1900's had a SLR (or TLR) with a mirror to shoot sideways for some of his seminal images. The sideways thing may be irrelevant to the "serious" camera aspect - even more today.<br>

I need to whip out my Graflex or my Gowland TLR!</p>

<p>We should all start doing this - next museum with the old great painters and their models - we add ours and provoke the prude visitors.<br>

It's not that I really would like to shock some one, I only would like to open some eyes. I really like their thing they did. So much truth and lie in it - like it - fullstop.</p>