Looking for a website to sell photography

amy_bills

<p>I am looking for a photo website where I can post some photos for sale. I need to be able to set my own prices. I know that there are several services out there that I have heard some good reviews about. Smugmug, Photobucket, etc. I recently did some photography for a family that came to the area from out of town and would like for them to be able to conveniently order the photos they want online. This is the first time that I have needed this service and do not know how often I would benefit from a lengthy subscription. Are there any photo websites that would allow me to set up an account to sell images for a few months? I'm just trying to avoid a long commitment since I don't think I will use it much.<br>

Thanks for any advice!<br>

Amy</p>

<p>I am currently in a trial period with SmugMug, Zenfolio, and Shutterbug Storefront. If cost are a big issue, Shutterbug maybe your best bet. However there isn't much you can do with the layouts, unless your strong in HTML. I also feel like the GUI is a bit archaic, but this should be expected a hosting site so affordable. It is also strictly geared for sales. It's about $6.95 a month. <br>

<br />SmugMug looks GREAT! Although, you must have a pro account to sale photos. They offer some great options at the level for printing, and I hear customer service is top notch. Just what I hear!<br>

Zenfolio/Mpix so far is my favorite. The most reasonable prices I've found with really nice galleries the really help make your photos stand out. You must have the pro account that cost 100.00 a year in order to sale. The GUI back end is much more solid and user friendly, acting more like a part of your computer then SmugMug.<br>

Hope this helps!</p>

<p>A new one, Zatista.com allows for sales. It's in beta stage still, but they've been advertising a lot on Facebook. It is also free. Also, check out sites that sell artwork in general (of which there are many). They are often free, but take a cut of the sale.</p>

<p>

<p>I am using zenfolio. I tried both smugmug and zenfolio. Both were nice. I was drawn more to the zenfolio due to the look and to the selling options so I dove in. I have had a few orders so far and they have been received by the buyers who were quite happy with the product. I also had a few questions for their help desk and they got back to me very quickly. All for 100.00 a year I would feel comfortable recommending them.<br>

<br>

Jill</p>

</p>

<p>Can you guys tell me what GUI stands for? Can you put people's photo on a website for sale without asking them? If I shot a PR event, or wedding, etc... and put photos of everyone who attended event on spec, would someone be able to object? In other words: take legal action?</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Amy,<br>

I have been using exposure manager for some time now. They are very resonable, great work and very fast turnaround time. You can set your own prices and even set up packages. They also give you a website where you can upload your photos for your clients to see and purchase online. check it out..</p>

<p>I use the limited edition of Photoreflect. Great look, ease of use and best of all FREE : ) You can set your own prices, choose from a list of professional labs, and also do some creative editing right in the software. Best site I have used yet for my clients to view and purchase their images from a event.</p>