Dale Labs to stop making slides from negatives

Hi Guys-<br />For some of you this is not a big loss, but this Friday July 31, Dale Labs will no longer make a set of slides from a roll of negative film for you. This worked well for me on some occasions. They did a pretty good job. They said the the machine that they have left after 30 years of service eats to much electricity, water, is becoming an environmental hazard and is failing them. This is the service that made Dale big years ago. They will now make a set of prints from a roll of E-6 instead. <a href="http://www.dalelabs.com/" target="_blank">www.Dalelabs.com</a>

__________________<br />Patrick

<p>I need to find a reasonable place to process 16mm movie film I just got a B&H camera with 5 lenses and finders for under $20.00. Finding film is no problem I have some already B&W and Color... Even $30 per 100' seems reasonable for processing to me.</p>

<p> I know off topic but this thread reminded me.</p>

<p>Larry</p>

<p>I just called them and spoke to Elaine (I think she's Dale's wife). She said the ancient machine that printed the slides was failing and replacement parts were no longer available, so they only recently decided to discontinue the service. They were also in the process of updating the Web site. Other things she told me suggested that their company was struggling. Such a shame, as they did very good work for me in the past.</p>