1DS MkIV I have one!

scott_ferris

<p>Well kind of :-( Whilst waiting for my 1DS MkIII to come back from Canon from its latest recall (oil on sensor that really wasn't there, but hey) they lent me this, it is a pre production MkIV so all the features on mine might not make it through to real cameras. I thought it was strange that there was no NDA to sign.</p>

<p>Take care all, Scott.</p><div>00TzVE-156533584.jpg.03bef68392f9c9ae26ca571761c50c41.jpg</div>

<p>Mark,</p>

<p>The weight saving is truly remarkable, it doesn't feel as solid but it is much easier to carry, I haven't even put a strap on it yet!</p>

<p>Arie,</p>

<p>The hill in the background was running towards me with a low contrast vest on, after initial acquisition all eighty five frames in the burst were perfect focus, looks like it could be good, better buffer and non AF expansion too!</p>

<p>Ken,</p>

<p>They didn't give me a manual and the buttons are not marked but the interface has worked for me so far, I assume there is a print button in there somewhere but I haven't worked out where they have moved it to. Maybe it is in menu now?</p>

<p>Peter,</p>

<p>If you push the stop down button six times whilst holding the pre programed AF button the last three times the mirror will lock up, I might have broken it though.</p>

<p>And we thought it was a breakthrough when the space-age plastics came in,</p>

<p>Now it's space-age corrugated cardboard! Fantastic!<br>

I think that the new B4 stealth bomber is also made of cardboard.</p>

<p>Well I could lie and say it has an EVF but the truth is that the picture of the picture taker was taken in play back mode not live view, sorry for the confusing caption earlier. Suffice to say the screen is much much brighter. Good eyes Ed V :-)</p>

<p>On a slightly different note, I have been experiencing some difficulty mounting a few of my lenses, whilst the mount is supposed to be EOS it looks like there are different connectors to it. New features for yet to be released lenses maybe?</p>