Trouble focusing...

<p>Over the past 2 years I have been becoming nearsighted, and I have found that it affects my ability to focus. All of a sudden I have trouble determining if something is sharp or not (when taking a picture). I have glasses that I wear when I need to, such as when taking notes in school etc. Taking photos with these glasses is kind of a hassle, and can be annoying. I've changed the viewfinder settings by customizing the optometer (i think that's what it's called) to fit my needs, but still find that I am getting worse and worse in focusing. This is becoming quite a problem, and I wonder-are contacts my only solution to this photographic woe ? :(</p>

<p>I had a similar issue due to an double astigmatism. I took my camera and lenses to my eye doctor's appointment and worked with him to help correct my issues. (I wear both contacts and glasses, depending on my mood) I bit of a hassle, but well worth it in the end. It helps when your eye doctor is 'understanding'. Good luck working this out :)</p>

<p>Which camera model are you using? The diopter adjustment wheel on my nikon viewfinders can be moved to give perfect focus with or without glasses, as I choose. I always shoot with glasses except when I use contacts for rain. You get used to it. In addition, I have a Pentax that does not extend adjustments to the level I need for my glasses. Also, some older cameras have no adjustment wheel. For these, you have to buy little diopter lenses and change them yourelf. A friend bought the whole set, chose the one that worked, and sent the rest back.</p>