40D discontinued?

jennifer_r2

<blockquote>

<p>The 40D is better than the 50D. If you can still get one.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I can't wait to read all the "mah 50D is mo' better den dis friggen 60D" threads. I have to say I like my 50D a lot more than the 40D it replaced (gave away): better large prints, way better LCD and much more dependable metering algorithms for fill flash with strong backlight.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>Well I just bought a new 40D about 3 weeks ago. I love the camera and the image quality it produces. And as has been mentioned it is a great deal right now. With the money I saved I bought a better lens quality lens than the standard kit lens.<br>

I did 2-3 weeks of research comparing the 40D to 50D. And I think it is pointless to say one is better than the other. I think the new features on the 50D have clear appeal to some/many buyers and it is worth the extra money for them to buy it. For me, the 40D was a great deal - with great features I liked, and excellent build quality, and within my budget.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Yep, and probably the 50D will be upstaged with a 55D in the fall: 18.1 friggen MP, HD video, GPA enhancer, <strong><em>pheromone emitters</em></strong> and built-in direct upload buttons to FaceBook and uTube</p>

</blockquote>

<p>

<p dir="ltr">I'm sure to get one of these. My white lenses don't work..... :-(</p>

<p dir="ltr"> </p>

<p dir="ltr">Happy shooting,</p>

<p dir="ltr">Yakim.</p>

<p dir="ltr"> </p>

</p>

<p>Sales reps from various manufacturers advised a friend working in a local camera store that B&H was in trouble, primarily because of a huge inventory that wasn't moving. One area, in particular, printers [both for the home and for commercial operations.<br>

We're in a recession. People just aren't turning over their equipment as fast as they did. I know I have no intention of stopping use of my Canon 30D. There are many in my camera club that feel the same way.<br>

Interestingly, Amazon works with a lot of resellers, Adorama to name one. It doesn't work with B&H. But, Adorama changes NJ sales tax and shipping, B&H charges only shipping, Amazon changes no shipping ofr sales tax. Could it be that Amqzon is so large that it''s controlling B&H's market?</p>

<p>If B&H is losing money on each transaction and their volume increases 100X, they will lose 100X more.</p>

<p>What I do not understand is how Canon can raise prices in a recession.</p>

<p>There is a recession and many of us will stay with what we have. 30D and 10D are fine for me now.</p>