D-Lux 4

<p>Paul:</p>

<blockquote>

<p>It certainly replaces a high end film compact for me, say a T2 or T3, and a major advantage is that it is unobstrusive and you don't stand out. </p>

</blockquote>

<p>I couldn't agree more. One of the reasons I went with the silver model of the LX3 is because it looks like every other crappy P&S. Most P&S cameras are not black. I've been looking for several years for a replacement for my Nikon 35Ti. I'd say this does the trick nicely.</p>

<p>Ray:</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Any of these point & shoot cameras is fine for computer / internet screen display, it's when you get into printing that I think the Sigma would make a fairly significant difference for a discerning photographer.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I've made a couple 8x10 prints and one 10x15 so far. The quality is less than what I get from a Canon 5D. I'd go so far as to say just judging by detail and tones, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference in a print from either one. The depth of field will give it away. :)<br>

<br /><br>

Eric</p>

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote>

<p>"It does however mean that the LX3 will not fit in the pretty DLux4 case", the DLUX4 case is a holster case, while LX3 has a LTM Leica style eveready case, which, imo is more convenient.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Only if you can find one, Martin. Have been wanting one for months, since I got my LX-3... I love the case, but can't find it in stock anywhere!</p>

<p>Ton, not sure if this is of much help but the LX2 I had was horrible iso 400 above with smearing of the image to smooth out the noise. I haven't touch the thing after a week or 2. I hope the Lx3 is better but i was scarred by the earlier version..</p>

<p>"So I was surprised and disappointed with the DP2’s tinny, hollow build quality. I fully expect that a 3-foot fall to the pavement would instantly disintegrate a DP2 into a parts list. The DP2 just does not feel like a substantial camera."</p>

<p>I just read this from the above link on the DP2 and thought to myself, "How do people come up with this stuff?" It's a prime example of why I so distrust reviews on the internet to get a clear evaluation of equipment. Pretty soon an otherwise excellent camera is drowned by rumor and hearsay. I've always thought that particularly with the DP-1, it was almost like a conspiracy against Sigma.. Or maybe it's just that people want ease of use above all else and just like to pick apart little issues. At any rate, I can't think of any camera I'd want to drop onto pavement from 3 feet, can you?</p>

>>> Any idea what the firmware fixes?

From the above link:

"Version 1.3 improves auto white balance and general performance of the camera. It also rectifies minor operational issues.

"

www.citysnaps.net