Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC #20

jose_angel

<p>brian, that muscovy duck looks like it has two sets of eyes. it seems to be very proud of its coiffe, which reminds me of a street/doc post about the "fauxhawk".</p>

<p>georg, nice use of the 14-24 to emphasize the rounded curve.</p>

<p>ton, stunning clarity and very "street". that was taken with a nikon and not a leica, right?</p>

<p>bruce, rodger and sjoerd, nice work with the 18-200!</p>

<p>hasse, excellent shot. that light...</p>

<p>andy, nice w/a shot (hmm, do the wides have it this week?)</p>

<p>gabe, yup, those are osprey alright.</p>

<p>chris, great macro shot, but ick!</p>

<p>gus, very ethereal. what kind of PP did you apply?</p>

<p>waldemar, thanks for the peleng shot. always wondered how that one was.</p>

<p>keerthi, probably my favorite this week. very artistic.</p>

<p>dieter, yet another wide angle masterpiece (that's definitely a theme this week...)</p>

<p>simon, great colors on the macro. was that handheld? if so, doesnt look it.</p>

<p> </p>

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>WOW! What a way to start the day! I just got to my office, turned on my computer and while having my morning coffee with a cigarette (YES! This is Japan and I can smoke in my office) I get to see all these fabulous shots from everybody....<br>

Great work guys..... I really enjoy it! Cheers!</p>

<p>Flowers blooming in Central Park a couple of weeks ago. The red channel was completely overexposed (as seems to be the D700's habit), but with heavy de-saturation in Capture NX, I think I recovered enough detail to rescue the image. Note to Nikon: I need to see detail in my reds.</p>

<p>D700, 24-70 f/2.8G wide open</p>

<p> </p><div>00TLiM-134377884.jpg.ca1f3d7308d1deda334b5aca47e21f74.jpg</div>

<p>Pet Parade in Elmhurst. D700. 70-200 f2.8 lens at ISO 400, f4.5, 1/800 at 140mm Shot on AF-C with focus priority with single point. Love this focus method, but requires thought on where to put your single point..and very fast...<br>

You can see the rest of this series at http://www.printroom.com/pro/e2photo in gallery '2009 Spring Road Pet Parade'</p><div>00TLlW-134403784.jpg.c14c419d214e597cf1990474c40d9d44.jpg</div>

<p>Fab, Michael M., George S. and Illka:<br>

<br /> Thanks for the kind words. The antelope is a male impala and the vignette has been added.<br>

<br /> The idea behind this series of 110 photographs, which I'm just now organizing into a flickr slide show "set" is to depict the harshness and the stress, on both predators and prey, of the environment in which these animals live, including human encroachment, poaching and hunting in some areas, prolonged seasonal drought, and interaction with cattle and ranchers. For this purpose I find expressive B&W prints is the best way for me to go.<br>

<br /> —Mitch/Bangkok</p>

<p>Lots of really, really nice work here, folks! I'm sorry that I don't have time to review each one, but there are many impressive shots. Some that caught my eye on the first pass include Australian Fog, Mystery Roof, Camden Yards, Jumping Girl, and the floral close-ups, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. Thanks to all for sharing your inspiring images!</p>

<p>CORRECTION: There are actually TWO jumping girls, and both are excellent images!</p>

<p>Folks, you all continue to amaze me. These Wednesday Pic threads really are the highlight of my week on the Nikon Forum. After all the yah-yah about equipment the other six days it's a delight to see what you're doing with it.<br /> <br /> Over the past decade on photo.net, and before then on CompuServe, I've seen many show-and-tell type threads. Whatever the forum or connecting thread, whether it's a certain brand of equipment or a particular theme, these Wednesday Pic threads consistently demonstrate the highest level of both expertise and diversity in imagination I've seen anywhere.</p>

<p><strong>Rodger Baker:</strong> Depending on your preferred software, selective use of color might help make that rust and brass pop. For example, in my old copy of Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7 (yeh, yeh, I know, I'm a dinosaur) I'd first try the selective hue shift and saturation options. These global tools can sometimes help with specific colors without affecting the entire photo, and it's simpler than messing with selections, masks, layers, etc. Doesn't always work but is worth a try.</p>

<p>Grand Grand Grand! Larger than life. That seems to be the theme here. Wonderful images. My addition is from a Mothers Day outing. Finally, my 7 year old daughter (with this look and some chocolate on her face) says "I feel like I am being followed by the media"</p><div>00TLqj-134435584.jpg.d8bbbf259dc89d4ca8844c06c96cbbe4.jpg</div>

<p>First time posting. Have been watching the wednesday thread for many weeks now and some pretty amazing shots. I like the Mystery Roof and the Rufous Hummingbird. I was in Long Beach, Ca last weekend and here is my contribution.<br />Enjoy,<br />Sergio</p>

<p>The Pike at Night. nikon D80, 18-135 @ 18mm, ISO 200, f/8, 5 sec</p><div>00TLre-134445684.jpg.bb3ec44e35c84f62d574e236af0b5f43.jpg</div>