Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC #20

jose_angel

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Good work everybody. I like particularly Sjoerd, Gary, Nina, Keerthi, Tim, Dieter, Hasse and Tim. We keep having bad weather so I post a pic taken a couple of weeks ago. This little fellow is getting anxious to start moving alone, but he is only 5 months old! You can see in the mountains back the "spring" here. </p>

<div>00TLSE-134269584.jpg.9535c7c456691774ae7983b90a85fd59.jpg</div>

<p>So many fantastic shots everyone! I'm in a serious baseball mood today, so the Camden Yards image popped out big time! Well done Scott!</p>

<p>On a note from last week, thanks everyone for compliments on my rose shot :-)</p>

<p>OK, time for mine...been a really busy week, and I have quite a few shots yet to be touched up...so I'll share a shot of our new kitten, Ginger, taken last Wednesday. Hopefully next week I'll have more to choose from!</p>

<p>--Ryan</p><div>00TLTT-134277684.jpg.f3d7ea888b685a1768a2b235daf2379f.jpg</div>

<p>I thought I would have something from the ball park, or possibly the local music festival, but my neighbor's magnolia tree gave me the best photo ops this week. Nikon D300. Tamron 28-200.</p><div>00TLUD-134285584.jpg.d96273d56270d2d379c6d28614f8e296.jpg</div>

<p>As so many have already stated: beautiful shots everyone!! My favorites this week are:</p>

<p>Matthew B. -- Beautiful! ... Did you say ... Autumn? :-)<br>

Hasse -- Love how you used the flash! It looks like natural late afternoon sunlight to me; really sets the mood of the portrait.<br>

Mitch A. -- Love the Gazelle/Antelope; nice catch!<br>

Andy C. -- Beautiful color!<br>

Mike McD. -- Love the color and contrast!<br>

Doug S. -- Beautiful Hummingbird; very sharp!<br>

Gus Z. -- Beautiful image; the colors and light seem to really draw out her eyes!<br>

Benjamin S. -- That is a really cool shot!</p>

<p>Here is my humble submission. It is more of a family fun photo instead of my actually trying to do something creative with the camera. It was taken with my D60 & AF-S DX 55-200mm VR @ 92mm, f/9, 1/60sec, ISO 200.</p>

<p>Yesterday evening, I was having my son (who is just learning to drive) help me rearrange the cars in the driveway and decided to get a couple of photos of him behind the wheel as he was moving his mother's car. Needless to say, he decided to be cute.....</p>

<div>00TLWG-134301584.jpg.3d83d2417c8c348fce6fbf800512d1fc.jpg</div>

<p>Thanks to Dennis and Gary for your comments. I gotta say I feel kind of in-the-wrong-place sometimes when I compare my work to all the great shots that appear each week. I am truly humbled by everyones creative skills.<br />Gary, Richard and Waldemar, you guys are truly inspirational and Matthew, being a landscape guy myself, I just have to admire your work. Just beautiful.</p>

<p>So many great pictures here and in my part of the world it's not even close to thursday...<br>

Some favorites of mine:<br>

Jose's happy children, Matthew's sleeping city, Sjoerd's mystery roof, Hasse's beautiful portrait (a good example btw that wideangles have their room in portraiture too), Eric's rapper, Mitch's gazelle (?), Ilkka's street-portrait, Robert's „cycle-of-life“, Nina's moody portrait, Mike's landscape (reminds me of the landscapes shot by Jeanloup Sieff - he is the master of all wideangle-shooters for me).<br>

Darko's nun deserves a mention as does Ryan's father-in-law (<em>he</em> isn't really <em>your</em> father-in-law?).<br>

Susan's bird and Doug's hummingbird are great - Freddy's hydrant and Rodger's torpedo too.<br>

My personal picture of this week so far is Shamsaldin's „step“.</p>

<p>My contribution this week is a photograph of a mechanic in a dark machine hall. Many light sources including the sun and those ugly sodium-vapor-lamps barely lit the 80-tons cast-iron workpiece the mechanic was working on. To add some contrast I've placed a orange-gelled Metz hammerhead set to it's lowest power two meters from his right shoulder. In this time somebody switched some lights off and the Metz proved to be to strong. I've shot a few frames, played with the aperture but wasn't able to achieve the picture I originally wanted. The one below is the one I personally like the most.</p>

<p>D700 with 14-24 at 20mm, ISO 1250, f4.0, 1/40sec. Raw, not cropped but heavily post-processed (curves, dodge and burn...)</p>

<p>georg</p><div>00TLZm-134329584.jpg.5607c59c59ac15e8e1af3d9cf22ff667.jpg</div>

<p>Another week and another great portfolio of Nikon shots!<br>

Very creative lighting Hasse.<br>

Gus, the lighting, DOF, and bokeh make your photo a real winner!<br>

Here's a belated Mother's Day flower for all the mothers on Wednesday pic.<br>

D3 Sigma 105mm @ f9 ISO 400 lit by a couple of Nikon flashes bounced off umbrellas</p><div>00TLa1-134333584.jpg.16a7b4a6d147a8c5d46518db26b5634e.jpg</div>

<p>Wow, this weeks collection is truely exceptional. I know everyone says that every week but this week just blows me away! I was going to pick out a few of my favorites since I appreciated being mentioned last week but there are just too many great shots -- everyone should take a bow.</p>

<p>Well, here's mine: This is a Muscovy Duck. There is a small group of them living around a pond in a local park. Most people find them quite ugly but I've grown to like them. They seem more intellegent, more expressive, than the Mallards and other ducks in the area. </p>

<p>D90, Nikkor 70-300mm VR @ 300mm, 1/100, f/8.0, ISO 320</p><div>00TLc3-134343584.jpg.ded659b6e594110aa701a4801c82eecc.jpg</div>

<p>Its amazing posting at the end of the Australian day, going to sleep and then waking to the 'explosion' of work put up as the rest of the planet enjoys its Wednesday as I sleep.<br>

Wonderful thread this week; my particular shout-outs are to Ilkka and Benjamin, but all the work here is fantastic.</p>