Canon 5DMk2 not saving Raw and Jpg together

stephengalea

<p>Recently I purchased the Canon 5DMk2, and after making settings to save images in Raw + Jpg Large, camera does not register the raw files on CF card. Having said this, camera does in fact save eighter Raw or jpeg only, not both.<br>

I did try to replace CF cards, however problem still remained the same. Jpeg saved at 72 dpi when Raw + L Jpg setting is enabled. Firmware was standard 1.07, that came with camera installed.</p>

<p>Kindly did any of you encounted such problem? Is it a firmware issue ?<br>

Any feedback is most welcome.<br>

Thanks</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Any other application may NOT be able to see the RAW files at all, unless the proper converter is installed.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Funny, I can see the CR2 files in Explorer windows, and in Total Commander, and in Nautilus in Linux... BTW, if I understand correctly, every 5D Mk II RAW contains full-size JPEG version of the image. So if you need the JPEGs only for quick preview, than you don't really need them.</p>

<p>I do not have a 5DMKII so I may be barking up the wrong tree here but on my 40D, if I have the camera set to any of the automatic settings (for instance, the little runner guy for sports) it only takes .jpg images. For RAW or RAW+JPG I have to use the manual or Av, Tv settings. I hope this helps! Good luck!</p>

<p>>>Funny, I can see the CR2 files in Explorer windows<<</p>

<p>I can't see RAW files from my XSi directly in Explorer - but, I CAN see my older RAW formats from previous cameras. </p>

<p>Every time a NEW RAW format arrives the necessary codecs are needed for the images to be visible in Win XP PRO (or any other OS). You are able to see them either because you loaded the necessary decoder or a software install did it automatically for you and the proper CODEC is now in the system. </p>

<p>But, new RAW formats (which are proprietary) will not automatically be visible by ALL applications without the proper CODEC.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Thanks all for the info submitted..and sorry for my late reply...<br>

Problem mysteriously solved - something must have happened that day, which i cannot explain - could be eighter i did not insert card properly perhaps, which i doubt it. Afterwards I have tried another usb card reader and worked fine.. Removed card and tried the first card reader again, and I have been able to see and retrieve the CR2 images...it does sounds crazy, and honestly I would like to know wht exactly was the cause....<br>

THANKS ONCE AGAIN FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP</p>

<p> </p>