Walk along Mysore road with VXIIB & Flektagon

<p>I took a casual walk along a stretch of Bangalore-Mysore Road this morning. One side of the road is an old village Nayanda Halli. The other is more contemporary and is developing modern uses and structures. The word Halli is the South Indian version of the Greek word Polis, meaning a school or gathering or community etc. I noticed that in Greece they pronounce it similar to the Tamil word Palli.<br>

The village is changing a lot due to the strip commercial bordering the Road. The road is being expanded into a 4-lane divided highway. So a lot of strip encroachments are being removed, now. Here are some samples taken around 9:00 a.m. I used Lucky 100 from Hongkong; it is an okay film for bright day light. Does not seem to have much tolerance for dark shades or very bright highlights. I hope it is interesting.</p><div>00T8pP-127357584.jpg.b7976a549d4c0bc3d45edb25f6bec2fd.jpg</div>

• Like 1

<p>Wanderful pictures Subbarayan, I am just curious how people on scooters do not have their brains melted inside the helmets. Scooters do not have speed high enough to provide a ventillation and the sun in India is quite hot. Must be up to 60 degrees of centigrade inside the helmet. </p>

<p>I take the film you use is a color one so I'm not surprised it has difficulty rendering such a big difference in luminance. I think you are up against 5 stops right there. What Flektogon is this, 20mm CZJ?<br>

This is what I have on my Exakta VX1000 and it is an outstanding lens.</p>

<p>Yes KP, the helmets are rather poorly designed, most of them. Some have ventilators in them.<br>

Mihai, the film I am using is B&W made in China. I bought a ten-pack from HongKong over ebay, a few months ago. Now we are getting better films here on the regular market. The Flektagon is an old aluminum one by CZJena, pre-set type, 35mm. Got it for $6.00. Yes I have the 20mm too; that is one of my all time favorites, a class by itself! Thanks, sp.</p>

<p>Richard, thanks. very few photo-goods dealers carry B&W. They have all gone into C-41 from Kodak, Fuji and Konica. Fuji Proplus [C-41 color] is made in India by Jindal now. Konica and Kodak are repacked here and sold.<br>

The old ORWO NP22 is being repacked as Nova NP22 in NOIDA near Delhi. They also make a new film named Silver Plus, which seems to be quite good. I bought a 10-pack recently for Rs.300. I don't get even developer chemicals for my B&W, regularly. So I made my own formula from X-Ray chemicals by reducing the Sodium carbonate, accelerator, in the developer and adding Sodium Chloride to control the fogging. I based my formula on that of Microdol-X.</p>

<p>Thanks Mihai; it is the challenge that makes it interesting for me.<br>

Thanks Al, you are always encouraging and kind. I am looking forward to do something like an architectural wak through one of these days. Nut it takes a lot of time to do the mapping and plan the shots and the write up. Will try soon. Regards, sp</p>

<p>Namaste, Subbarayan. It is nice to see your images of contemporary India, keep them coming. That Lucky film haloes in every bright area. If you can get Metol try the Beutler formula, it is a great all-around for your sunny area. I'm anxiously waiting for your central city bazaars images!</p>