Fomapan R100 35mm/36 exp processing

<p>I looked at the older threads (2004 & 2006) re the Fomapan R100, but didn't see anything that answered my question (or if it was answered there, I may not have understood it as such). I didn't see anything more current, so I came here.<br>

I just finished shooting a roll I had bought as an experiment, and now I'd like to process it. Ideally, I'd like to use it as a regular print negative, if possible. Is it something I can process at my school's lab using HC-110, or at the Photography Center I belong that uses D76<br>

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.<br>

Thanks!<br>

Lynn Washington</p>

<p>As you know, Fomapan R100 is a B&W film that is designed to be run through a reversal process to produce B&W slides. That said, you can probably produce decent B&W negatives from it by treating it as if it were Fomapan 100. This approach has worked for me in the past with Agfa Scala. The dev times for Fomapan 100 in HC-110 or D-76 should be easy to find online. </p>

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

<p>I've been trying to develop the Foma R100 film as negative but I am getting very dense negatives. Apparently this is the anti-halo layer, which disappears during the reversal proces, but is still there after the develop-, stop- and fixingbaths. Mauro, or anybody else developing foma R100 as normal negative film, could you please enlighten me on how to lose this anti-halo layer?<br>

Many thanks in advance!<br>

Abel</p>

• 3 years later...
<p>Hello I have been trying to develop b/w negatives from Fomapan R b/w reversal film 2x10 m/2x33ft. ISO 100. (for 8mm film shoots)<br /><br />I thought I could make B/W Negatives with it but I am also getting very dense negatives. <br /><br />I am projecting them through a 8mm projector . and theres nothing to see. Though I can tell there is information on them > thick Brown Layer Prevails and wins! <br /><br />I am using Cafonal-C method > and I am now going to try bleaching with peroxide and lemon juice.... hope I can start getting some footage! I have wasted so much film! its not even funny... its Hilarious! <br /><br />http://www.filmlabs.org/docs/citric-hydrogen-peroxide-bleach.pdf<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /></p>