Some pics for April...

joe_jackson4

<p>Haha, cheers guys... I have the flu, so I'm kinda housebound and sticking with the hot drinks at the moment. Will have to make up it for it some other time... :)</p>

<p>The creepy baby lurks in my friend's cool'n'cosy cafe, BTW:</p>

<p><a href="http://www.villipuutarha.fi">http://www.villipuutarha.fi</a></p>

<p>The name translates to "Wild Garden"... If you're ever in Helsinki, it's a great place to chill out and unwind, despite the ever-present attention of the Chuckyesque one there...</p>

<p>Interesting as always, Paul. Is it art? Of course it is. It is creative and you obviously have fun doing it. I also really like your friend's web design. Do you take the pictures? They are certainly Wilkinsque. I would love to visit there sometime. Thanks</p>

<p>Thanks, Robert... Appreciated...</p>

<p>Yeah, the web site design is cool, but nah, I didn't take the pics on there... There's currently one of mine on the cafe's <a href="http://villipuutarha.blogspot.com/">blog</a> though, under the April Fool's stuff... (Not a great pic, but OK, it was just one that my friend wanted to use on the blog to show the new "trainee".)</p>

<p>And yeah, taking pics is still fun for me... Like everyone else, my motivation goes up and down at times, but unlike smoking it seems I can't kick the habit... :)</p>

<p>Awesome stuff, Paul. I like the bird one, too. The shadows almost make it look like the ceiling is painted that way (unless it actually is?), and the colors are very interesting. I like the bokeh earring, too (even if unintentional). Better watch out, people may start accidentally calling you an artist!</p>

<p>Cheers, Brendon. Yeah, the earring bokeh came out quite nicely... :) All credit goes to my trusty M 50/1.7 for that one, of course (although I did notice the sparkle through the viewfinder at the time...). And hey, you're very astute to guess that the ceiling may actually be painted that way... It is... :)</p>

<p>As for any accusations of being an "artist", well, let's leave such judgements to our superiors... :)</p>

<p>Cheers guys... This set was originally intended to lean a little more towards a straight "documentary" approach, but OK, maybe it didn't turn out quite like that after all. Well, maybe next time.</p>

<p>BTW, these were with taken with my K100D Super. My recent plan to invest in a K20D was kinda self-scuttled by some stubborn common sense here... Well, I've only had the K100D for a year and a bit, and it still works fine, so I think I'll hang on to my cash for a bit longer and see what Pentax has to offer over the next year or two...</p>