2 calibrated monitors - still look different

<p>I do all my wedding PP on my home desktop monitor that I have calibrated with a Spyder. I get everything looking just right, then I take a look at it on my office PC, which is also calibrated, and everything is too light. I lose highlights and the contrast is too low. Below are a couple examples. Do these look okay, or are they too light on your monitors?<br>

Thanks,<br /> Matt</p><div>00SvcI-120789584.jpg.fee6a5c44057f78958e602a8dcd18704.jpg</div>

<p>Matt, did you set both monitors to the same luminance, color temperature and gamma? This is something that may be different between "calibrated" monitors. The picture above looks ok, it is definitely not too light (Eizo CG241W set at 5500K, 80cd/m2, Gamma 2.2). Hope this helps.</p>

<p>I have two calibrated monitors on my PC and there is a considerable difference between the two. I only do image editing on one of them, so it's not a problem. I 'm not sure it's even possible to get two different monitors to match exactly, unless they're of identical make and model - and maybe, not even then. The main purpose of calibration is to get the print image to match the screen image, on the one computer where both monitor and printer live.</p>

<p>Looks fine to me. Remember that different monitors, even if calibrated the same, have different capabilities. E.g., if you home monitor is an S-PVA and your work monitor is a TN the home monitor will be able to display things the work monitor won't.</p>

<p>For example, recently a friend made <a href="http://www.andylynn.net/Site/files/displays.mp4">this animation based on two of my displays and a photo I took</a> . The large wireframe on the outside shows the gamut of my SXRD TV. The translucent volume represents the gamut of my laptop LCD. The dots are representative pixels in the image. From the animation you can see that the TV's gamut can display the image accurately, but the image has pixels that fall outside the laptop's gamut so the laptop will not display the image at its full color quality.</p>

<p>William excuse me but unless you are on a Mac it is not possible to have two different profiles for two monitors on Windows. And yes, it is possible to have two monitors match each other and the purpose for color matching is to match between ALL calibrated devices and not only between one monitor and a printer. </p>

<p>Thanks all.</p>

<p>The one where it looks too light is at my engineering office, a Dell 1704FPT LCD. The one at home is a 21" Widescreen Samsung. Don't remember the model.<br>

<br /> I'm using the Spyder II Express to calibrate.<br>

<br /> If the whites are blown and the blacks are gone, then I guess that means there's too much contrast in the PP?<br>

<br /> I don't know how to set the luminance on my monitor. Not sure what that means.</p>

<p>I guess the most important thing is, if they look different on my two monitors, then how will they look on a client's uncalibrated monitor?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Yes Pic1 is warm/magenta /red, pic 2 is yellow green,cyanish. They look very differnt. <br />lighting or K temp setting. pic 2 dress blown out.<br>

Sometimes if the monitors are different makes, you might have to fine tune by eye to make them the same, as on some screens one might be strong on a color that you need to override the basic calibration. Often due to some screens inability to perform the same as others.</p>