Deutsche Börse Photography Prize.

<p>I went to the Photographers Gallery (London) yesterday to view the 2009 winner.<br>

While there a I looked at other work and work that was for sale.<br>

Too be honest I wasn't sure If i liked it or not. Just wondered what opioions were of this field of photography and how photographers move into this area of 'art' photography?<br>

Thanks</p>

<p>hi nathan,<br>

i attend these art photography exhibitions each year, like all art, it appears to be highly subjective in what one likes. i have personally concluded that the artworld theory of what is considered art, should perhaps be allowed to take its course for these shows. theory does not classify good art from bad art but just sets out boundaries for what could be termed as art. as such, anything displayed in an art gallery becomes art. <br>

as for your main question about photographers moving into this area, i suspect that artists having an interest in photographic processes and how it can be utilised instead of paintbrush or plaster or paris have moved into this area. relying on the artworld theory above, there needs to be a definite conferral of status on one's work as a piece photographic art. one you have that, you have created art.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Sorry, but how did you get those two little dots on top of the "o" in the name Borse ?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Most OS's have a "character pallete" or some other such similarly-named tool that lets one enter arbitrary, non-ASCII characters. I think on Windoze you can also hold down the ALT key and type in the numeric code of the character (assuming of course you know it). Or if you enter text in a particular language frequently, you can always install the keymap for it.</p>