How to get rid of the water spots after processed films

<p>Everytime after i finished processing the film and dried it. I can see loads of water spots on the film which are so annoying.<br>

I check on the net some said try to use the sponge to suck the water, which i did but not good enough..<br>

So, any suggestions? i try not to buy the water melt so save the money..<br>

Thx all.</p>

<p>Personally I would try to avoid getting the water marks in the first place such as using distilled water for the final rinse with Photflo (iPhotoflo is what I have handy). The bottle distilled water doesnt cost that much, but the price might be an issue if you are developing a lot of film.</p>

<p>Before I started using the distilled water and noticed really bad water spots, I would wet the film again and let it hang dry again. Usually did the trick, or at least deminished the amount of spots.</p>

<p>Im wondering if your water is hard water too.</p>

<p>A few tricks that work for me to prevent spots:</p>

<ul>

<li>Distilled water for the final rinse.</li>

<li>A drop or two of Photo-Flo per tank (assuming in-tank washing, per Ilford method).</li>

<li>Suspend the negatives diagonally to dry (hemostat or "mosquito" clamps are handy for this). Water will gravitate to the lower edge and drip cleanly off the single lowest corner. Any residual spots or marks will be confined to the film rebate, away from the exposed frames.</li>

</ul>

<p>Be sure to use a wetting agent and the only time I ever use distilled or de ionized water is with the photoflo or other wetting agents. Use a clean squeegee or a pair of clean celulose sponges, wet the sponges with photoflo solution but wring out all of the excess moisture, slide the sponges down both sides simultaneously. </p>

<p>If you don't have either of these, after soaking for a minute or so in the wetting agent, after removing the film from the reel, dip the film from from one end and let it run off the roll, don't move it, don't stop to look, at it, just hook it up and let it dry. </p>

<p> I've done all of these thing sucessfully but if you let water droplets rest on the emulsion side of the emulsion, the water spots will be permanent, caused by grain migration into the wet spots. This creates higher density areas, printing as light spots that cannot be removed. Wetting agent spost on the base side can be redone with wetting agen but less generous with the chemical.</p>

<p>Lynn </p>