WedNEsDAy PiC #13

jose_angel

<p>Well, haven't got much time for shooting these days, but I managed to go trough a couple of rolls last week. Here's a sample as my entry for this week's wednesday thread. Always wanted to make one of those classic "reflection" kind of shots, I wasn't looking exactly for it that day, and it's nothing to set the world on fire, but then again, if you see an opportunity, you go ahead and take it. Shot at sunset, with a N90s, and the 50mm 1.4. </p><div>00SrwM-119365884.jpg.331532e9681dff8ccccbd13ac923a215.jpg</div>

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Great pics once again from everyone, I'm really enjoying these threads!<br>

While having afternoon coffee-break on Sunday, I noticed this reflection of the sky and a dead rose on our dinner table. So I reached for my newly found old flame, D50, and took this shot. (I think my D80 is starting to get jealous.)<br>

Nikon D50, Nikkor 50/1.8D, 1/1000sec, f/4.</p><div>00SrzH-119387584.jpg.d3a0b003b52cc285ff8ee2748f6051c9.jpg</div>

<p>There is an amazing place in Central Oregon called "Hole in the Ground". When standing above this area, it is clear to see it was struck by a massive Meteorite, forming a perfect bowl shape. It is many football fields across, and you can drive down into it.</p>

<p>I've photographed it a number of times, but never really got the image I wanted because it is so big. I think I always tried to capture the entire hole. I've shot it with a 15mm Nikkor, 16mm, and even an 8mm, and never got the shot I wanted. The other day I used my Nikon FE to shoot this image as the sun was going down. It gave it more depth. I used a 35mm f/2.8 AIS lens, on Ilford Delta 100 film, and stand developed it. I often get ridiculed for using stand development for so many of my shots, but it yields the highest number of images that I both like because they are dramatic, and that are pretty easy to print. It is awfully fun to go out shooting with my older Nikon equipment.</p>

<p>I must say that I enjoy the great photos in this forum and the stories that go with them.</p><div>00Srza-119389684.jpg.00ca3e939641eef16309a3266bf2a467.jpg</div>

<p>Very interesting shot Shawn. Welcome to street photography. Yes, it gets scary at times, specially when you run into the authorities, (or they run into you) but it's a very rewarding experience IMHO.</p>

<p>Pedro, that's a wonderful shot.</p>

<p>Christoph, I'm anxiously awating delivery of my first Ektar rolls, judging from your shot, it seems it's everything I want it to be.</p>

<p>Awesome B/W, Ian, Adam, Miroslav, Janne. Michael, great shot, great old Nikon gear. </p>

<p>Thumbs up Colin!</p>

<p>walking around oakland's lake merrit the other day, i saw a white pelican trolling for mussells, close to the shoreline. i quickly ran back to my apartment, grabbed the d80+70-300 and ran back down to the lake, just in time to catch this majestic but weird-looking bird. to me the pelican is a sign of good luck--there are many birds at the lake, mostly ducks, geese, and seagulls, but only a few pelicans. and the white ones are even more rare.</p><div>00Ss4E-119417584.jpg.1d14d8dc5299ff42f157f1c815206115.jpg</div>

<p>Hi all! Some awesome shots here...hard to single out a few, but I'll try</p>

<p>Rene - I think that shot is wonderful! I aboslutely love the composition and the angle.<br>

Gary - love the light. composition is wonderful. Love how the boat looks.<br>

Hideyuki - very interesting<br>

Richard - quite nice. catches my eye from a nice angle. refreshing in a way.<br>

jf zhang - I like that capture very much. The eyes draw me in.<br>

Doug Santo - Love the up close and personal view of this. Very nice.<br>

Eric - very nice capture. I agree it is majestic. Possibly my favorite this week.</p>

<p>My submission is some ducks taken last Wednesday. Some of the first to come since Spring.</p>

<p>Take care all.</p>

<p>Gabe.</p>

<p> </p><div>00Ss5s-119427584.jpg.e4db8b9871f583c2f0020aa57a8eec45.jpg</div>

<p>Great Photos! The Emerald Butterfly and the Glass sculpture are great. I can't leave the fishing scene. I agree it looks like a water color painting. Please feel free to critique. I haven't been able to travel through NYC (Where I live) because of family and Job! So I took this at my school. I Call it "Dismissal" Please Critique. </p><div>00Ss6m-119431684.jpg.4c54ff089217cd549e7476a6438a440d.jpg</div>

<p>Gary, I wish I was there fishing too - peaceful image. Kevin - great picture - maybe because it's saturation looks a bit like a slightly faded print from the past. Adam; Dieter & Miroslav - three totally different tones of B&W - and I like three. Paul - my absolute favorite. Jose - beautiful piece of art. Hideyiku - interesting game and nice picture. John - at the first look I thought you photographed some kind of a cactus - great. <br>

I've shot some kind of a school-sports-contest. Background and lighting were ugly and I tried some panning. D700@Iso500, 1/60sec and f6.3. I've used the 70-200VR @105mm. I had a lot of bad pictures - usually I shoot panning-shots with a shorter focal length against the light with a touch of fill-in-flash. <br>

Georg</p><div>00Ss7I-119435684.jpg.bd7fa494940a5f149d33b2ba27538696.jpg</div>

<p>Not sure I should comment as I have not posted a "pic", but have enjoyed looking at the images.</p>

<p>Pedro, Nice shot it reminds me of the film reservoir dogs.</p>

<p>Nina, I clicked on your link out of curiosity, and I liked the clip so much I've watched it three times.</p>

<p>Hello all,<br>

I've enjoyed looking at the Wed. pictures for the last few weeks. Here is my first submission from a zoo we visited. While I'm saving up for my first DSLR, I's using the photo option on my Canon HG20 HD video camera. I hope that doesn't exclude me from the Nikon forum. I'm saving for a D40 right now and hope to get in a few months.</p>

<p> </p><div>00Ss7p-119439684.jpg.e45059ad63bd0f28798eb2f960007e2d.jpg</div>

<p>Some great photos this week I especially like Andy's, Bruce's, Keith's, Dougs, and Hectors I am a sucker for the vibrant colors turn it up to "11"<br>

Jose if you want to see the picture of the butterfly before I had to adjust it a bit take a look at my profile ( not as easy as it looks).I would do a second post but that's against the rules....;^)</p>