light bubbles ruined film have a look.

<p>hello.</p>

<p>A friend gave me his leica to test, i've included a few photos from the film that you can make out, the rest were ruined by these light bubbles.</p>

<p>http://www.flickr.com/photos/27490980@N06/sets/72157615625321033/</p>

<p>If anyone has any explanation as to what is the cause i would be most endeared.</p>

<p>thankyou in advance.</p>

<p>andrew</p>

<p>looking at the images, it's pretty safe to say that the shutter curtain is swiss cheese. looks almost like the camera was sitting with a lens on (without a lens cap) facing the sun for a very long time. First bit of solid evidence.. the bubble are in the same place in every frame.<br /> simple replacement with a CLA (that I bet the IIIf needs right about now!)</p>

<p><em>Tell me if I'm crazy, but this might not be about the camera at all. It looks very much like air bubbles on the negatives during development from inadequate agitation to me.</em><br>

<br /> Cant possibly be... As Joel said, the bubbles are in exactly the same place in every frame; its the shutter curtain. Even via development error, air bubble just don't look like this.</p>

<p>These don't look like it was caused by the lens. It just looks like the rubber deteriorated. As the others said, it is a relatively inexpensive fix. Also air-bells would have resulted in dark spots since they are a result of localized underdevelopment.</p>