Kodachrome - Calibration target.. Help !

<p>Hi :</p>

<p>I want to buy a calibration target for Kodachrome slides. I use a nikon coolscan V with Vuescan software and I found that Silverfast offer s a target for K14. I need to know :<br>

1.- if this target comes with a CD data & can be used with Vuescan or it´s only compatible with silverfast Ai software<br>

2.- What´s your experience with calibration targets?<br>

I want some advice to improve my scans of K 14 slides.<br>

Thanks</p>

<p>Matias</p>

<p>Use SilverFast AI6 studio with either the SilverFast or Hutchcolor targets. Scan at 16 bits per channel and use color spaces larger than Adobe RGB(1998) ==Pro Photo is good but Joseph Holmes' Chrome Space 100 is better.</p>

<p>Also learn how to adjust the output levels for each slide . Basically keep the black clipping point at zero and bring in the white clipping point down to about 5 points above the lright side tail of the histogram.</p>

<p>You can still get the original Kodak Kodachrome Q-60 targets from B&H in New York, the data files are online.<br /> The SilverFast ones are certainly cheaper. The calibration data for all their targets <a href="http://www.silverfast.com/it8calibration/en.html">is here</a> .<br /> Calibration makes a big difference in scanning Kodachrome.<br /> <a href="http://blog.shutterbug.com/davidbrooks/kodachrome_film_scanning/"> This review</a> (found from link on LaserSoft's site) implies that the Silverfast targets work better than the Kodak ones. Maybe the technology for making the calibration data from such targets is better than it was in 1999 when the Kodak ones were made...</p>