Tungsten film

<p>Ektachrome 64T was mainly used to duplicate documents & art works on flat copystands. It was rarely used to take photos because it was so slow....I used 160T a lot but need to go back and find some stuff shot with it. I have some 100T neg film in my freezer I need to shoot as well. Seems good for night photography.</p>

<p>When 64T was introduced, it was mainly used in studios for product illustration photography. Alderman's Studio in High Point, NC used to be largest comsumer of E-64T sheet film. They shot lots 8x10 sheets for furniture manufacturers. Exposures ranged from 30 sec. to 2 minutes. Most of this work has switched to digital scan backs. </p>

<p>Why would you want to? The price premium for tungsten films has always been so high that if you needed any quantity of slides you were better off buying strobes. If the volume wasnt' high enough for that to pencil out, shoot digital with tungsten and have slides made from the files. That may not be the pinnacle of quality, but it certainly is better than any digital projector yet made. There are at least a couple of us that still do that, although I don't think I've had an order in the last month. (John? You doing any better?)</p>

<p>Van</p>

• 1 month later...