Aperture 2 Will not Recognize HP Photosmart Printer

<p>After several decades of working with film I am a recent, if still rather unknowlegeable, convert to digital. With advice from friends and some reading I have purchased a Photosmart B8850 printer and Aperture 2 software. Unfortunately, the software and printer will not recognize each other. I have had numerous conversations with HP customer service which, after hours on the phone, and two replacement printers at HP's expense, have not resolved the problem. I have also spoken to Apple at length. In my last conversation, I was told that Apple customer service could not resolve the problem any better than HP. Understand that everyone I spoke to at HP and Apple was very courteous and engaged in figuring out this connection problem. Can anyone help me with this? I am using a Mac Book 10.4.11. My downloaded pictures are from different cameras, mostly a Nikon D1H. Any guidance would be much appreciated.</p>

<p>Have you ever been able to print from Aperture or is this your first printer and use of Aperture together? Can you print anything to your printer outside of Aperture e.g. can you print a document to your HP? Sorry your posting did not give much context as to what has already been tried.</p>

<p>Somewhere else to post your question is http://aperturenetwork.com/<br>

which is devoted entirely to Aperture. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Yes, I can print in different formats with no dificulty using the HP Photosmart Studio software which was part of the printer installation. But I am unable to print from Aperture or from Photoshop Elements 6. I appreciate the link that you sent and will also explore this problem at that site.</p>