A bargin

wenhan_xue

<p>Several days ago I stopped by a local CircuitCity to see what I can snap from them since the store filed Chapter 11 Protection and every thing must go. To my surprise, there were still a couple of new Nikon 17-35 f2.8 lenses available. The price was under $1100. I quickly pull out my plastic to get one. Last night I went back to see if I can get the other one, but it was gone. I want to share this exciting experience with you. So go to your local CircuityCity, you might find a gold there as well.</p>

<p>Last Saturday I went to CC, for another reason, actually. Giant store closing signs everywhere. Huge crowd overwhelming the cashier....</p>

<p>Before turning around and walking out, I looked at the camera gear. What remained -- the usual kit zooms, and stuff, was still about 10-20% higher than Adorama/B&H.</p>

<p>I can't believe your CC actually carried 2.8 zooms! Nice.</p>

CC doesn't liquidate its stock. This is done by a separate company, specialized in this type of sale, which handles the liquidation. They

usually overprice the merchandise, then take some percentage off; the result? Items selling at regular market prices,

grabbed by people who think they're getting a bargain.

Run a google search for "Liquidation sales" and you'll find several articles explaining how this happens. There's one in a website called "Life Hacker" about how this process goes.

In the meanwhile, count your blessings and receive my most heartfelt congratulations for having actually found a real bargain there. Take care!

<p>wenhan xue, where do you live? i just went to two circuit city stores just yesterday afternoon and i had the same observation as the others. even monitors were cheaper at walmart and best buy...................you got a steal, though.<br>

but i'm surprised that cc carry those kind of lenses. usually they just carry the kit lenses.</p>

<p>As per anything in life, a little homework is mandatory in order to state if a bargain is really a bargain. I have the same experience here with factory outlets, mainly in the fashion field. They claim bargain because they offer X% discount on price, but their price is the manufacturer official price, while the street price is significantly lower and sometimes lower than the bargain price.</p>

<p>Ramon, I live in Arlington, VA. Frankly, I was surprised like all of you that I can find high end professional lenses in CC. They regularly carry basic kit. But you never know because anything is possible. From the same store (Bailey Cross in Falls Church, VA), they still have a Canon 5D which is priced at $2,100. I do not why there is no price down on this item. But it's irrlevent. I am not shooting Canon at this point though I am thinking of 5D2</p>