Help Me Buy a Camera

josephbraun

<p>I really like disposable cameras b/c of their light weight and their size I can just stick them in my pocket and walk around with them all day long. I would like to buy a fixed lens 35mm film camera like that with great optics(preferrably a rangefinder). Thanks in advance,</p>

<p>J</p>

<p>PS- i hope this is in the right place :)</p>

<p>Any of the Minox 35's are wonderful. superb optics, smaller than a disposable... a real joy to use.<br>

Next would be an Olympus XA.<br>

The Contax T is larger and heavier, but nice.<br>

Then you get into the Olympus Stylus Epic and Yashica T4 (in the side by side comparison *I* chose the Stylus).</p>

<p>Joseph, based on the little info you provide, I would suggest a Rollei 35, but this is not a rangefinder. I don't like it when people answer posts by saying you need to give more information on your needs because its like bouncing it back at you. But, I admit, if you don't prioritize your interests, then you provide no basis for what people should propose. Before you spend your money on anything out there you should understand what is out there. Its all available on line now. Personally, I agonize on everything I buy. Keep searching this site.</p>

<p>If you want a fast lens, the little compacts mentioned so far won't work for you. You could try an older rangefinder camera, such as a Minolta HiMatic 7 or 9. Fast lenses, and cheap. No built-in flash, but small flashes are not expensive. The Leica CM has a built-in flash and an f2.8 lens. Cost is closer to $1,000 used, as opposed to $100. Traditional Leicas do not have flash attached, but can be mounted with fast lenses as well as flash. Perhaps you need a small digital camera? Don't know details of your requirements, but hope that helps.</p>

<p>Joseph, the Yashica Electro 35 series (especially the GT / GS variants) are indeed quite fun to use, have a hot shoe, and are fitted with 45mm f/1.7 attached lenses. They are, however, rather heavy and bulky (certainly larger than a Leica M, for example); not exactly "pocketable".</p>

<p>But, if you think one of these would fit your needs, send me an email.</p>