So you're on the way to be pro?

nomade

<p>I know that wealth is not required, but wealth, not photography equipment essentials, is what I really saw in that video. They kind of lost me a little bit after the designer roll up door on the equipment closet. That's also a lot of stuff to bring along. </p>

<p>I'm more like, two lenses and a tripod; picked for the day. Cable release and filters. Light meter and gray card. I do carry extra film and a changing bag. In the woods, I'll add a map and compass and a water bottle. Snacks. I find a can of pineapple to be real helpful because if you get thirsty you can drink the juice, and if you're hungry you can eat the pineapple. </p>

<p><i>I use the "P7X" pineapple can with the auto-loading pull tab top. Designed for rapid release of essential nutrients, this bad momma cranks out 300 calories on demand. "P7X" pineapple can. I have my assistant carry a spare.</i></p>

<p>Stash the rest. If I carry more than that at a time, I just feel like I'm messing up. I do keep a light kit bag in the trunk so I can fire up my strobe if I want to add light. I kind of felt like his list of equipment was pretty long. Travel light. </p>

<br />

<p>This type of gear-demonstration is typical of a serious and responsible approach to any professional trade at a high level. It's what it takes to get the job done, no excuses. It doesn't, however, mean that the job couldn't get done with much less cost to the tradesman.</p>

<p> </p>