Adorama Purchase, Is Photo.net getting credit?

michaeljlawson

<p>I chose to purchase my new flash unit through your Adorama link specifically so Photo.net gets a little something. I could have purchased it elswhere and gotten free shipping. I notice when I link through the ad on Photo.net that the URL I go to doesn't reference anything that makes me think Photo.net is getting credit for the purchase. Also, in their "Where did you hear about us" section of the ordering, Photo.net is not listed. With as much web site redesign as you did for them, it would seem faily easy for them to ad Photo.net to the list of available options. I of course added your site to the "Other" field, but it's not the same as you being one of the default choices in my opinion.</p>

<p>Anyway, with as much work as you went through to get this set up, I just would like to know that you are getting credit for these purchases we are making. If not, I'll order from Amazon, saving the shipping charges, and in this case still ultimately getting the product from Adorama anyway since that's where Amazon ships from.</p>

<p>Thanks,<br>

Michael</p>

<p>If you click through the link, we get credit for it. And let me say thanks for supporting photo.net!</p>

<blockquote>

<p>If not, I'll order from Amazon, saving the shipping charges, and in this case still ultimately getting the product from Adorama anyway since that's where Amazon ships from.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>You don't save the shipping charges unless Amazon is selling it themselves. If it is through adorama's amazon store, you will pay shipping as far as I have ever seen.</p>

<p>That having been said, you can also support photo.net by purchasing at <a href="http://www.amazon.com&tag=nmphotonet-20">Amazon through this link</a> .</p>

<p>Thanks for the quick reply Josh. I figure an extra 6.95 in shipping is a small price to pay for the site since it has given so much to me, Hopefully you get something decent in return. Just as an FYI check out this link:<br>

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Speedlite-II-Digital-Cameras/dp/B001CCAISE/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1232218151&sr=8-1">http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Speedlite-II-Digital-Cameras/dp/B001CCAISE/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1232218151&sr=8-1</a><br>

On the right under "More Buying Choices" it shows an Adorama options with free shipping.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>On the right under "More Buying Choices" it shows an Adorama options with free shipping.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>You are absolutely right. Adorama must be doing some sort of free shipping promotion through them. In that case, let me say "double thanks" for shelling out the extra few bucks for shipping. I wonder why adorama is doing free shipping through Amazon, but not through their own site? Ah well, the weird wonderful world of business.</p>

<p>I have purchased a 3 Items from adorama threw Photo.net to help the site ,But I'm disappointed in Adorama I had inquired about a flash unit they offered and they never responded to the E-mails . Their customer service leaves something to be desired.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>But I'm disappointed in Adorama I had inquired about a flash unit they offered and they never responded to the E-mails .</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Not defending Adorama, as that isn't my job. But even in the internet age, a phone call will get you an answer faster than email 90% of the time. This is true for many many companies.</p>

<p>Still, thanks for supporting photo.net. The servers appreciate it!</p>

<p>Phil, Hopefully your issue is just a one time thing, but I'll find out soon enough. I am already having a few doubts about their online ordering process, but of course I placed my order after 1:00 so I now have to wait to call them. My printed receipt shows some sort of error message where the product description should be, and my online order info with them shows no product detail at all, but has the price and shipping cost listed. An Adorama Rep shows up here from time to time and it seems like she is truly trying to help those that need it. Hopefully it will all work itself out. I have emailed their customer support and will folow up with a phone call when they re-open for business. Hopefully I will have a positive review of their response when I get in touch with them.</p>

<p>Josh, I know you have nothing to do with that, so don't feel like you need to respond.</p>

<p>Phil<br>

<br>

I apologize that you have been experiencing difficulties in relation to our email enquiry service.<br>

I understand we are experiencing problems at present that have resulted in emails using the contact address not getting through.<br>

Please contact me directly, with your order number, and I will address this issue today.</p>

<p><br>

Michael<br>

Could you please send me a screenshot of the page?<br>

Sincerely<br>

Helen Oster<br />Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador<br>

<br />helen.oster@adoramacamera.com<br>

www.adoramacamera.com</p>

<p>Thanks Michael & Helen.<br>

Wow her e-mail was @ 1:42 a.m it's like having 24hr instant customer service,Thank your very much for the personal attention. Photo.net users are fortunate to have you. Helen I will e-mail you shortly.<br>

Thank You<br>

Phil</p>

<p>I have also recived an email from Adorama customer service letting me know that while my order does look odd from my end, it is correct on their end and should be processed normally. Hats off to Helen and the Adorama crew for follow up on a Sunday (and a Holiday weekend for many people in the US too).</p>