a GOOD photo viewer for Mac???

<p>Just moved from PC to Mac, i used to open my (500 daily) pictures with the great Faststone software, so fast with RAW files. What comes with my new macpro really sucks, and what i found online is... worse... The best i've found so far is Xee but really, it is so bad compare to Faststone. I can't believe there are no photo viewer can can just open fast raw filesin a double clic, , go to the next shot with 1 clic, delete with 1 clic, copy with 1 clic. Is it too much for a Mac???</p>

<p> </p>

<p>How about Lightroom, Aperture or Adobe Bridge that comes with CS3 and above... I am thinking of converting from PC to MacBook Pro as well. I use Bridge with CS3 on my PC and it is great. I hear good things about aperture and Lightroom though. Any other issues with your new MAC that a fellow PC convert might need to know?</p>

<p>If you just want to view, select your photo (or a folder of photos) and hit the space bar... Works with any sort of image, even pdfs...</p>

<p>Or, drop a load of images (or a folder) onto the Preview app icon in the dock...</p>

<p>>>> What comes with my new macpro really sucks, and what i found online is... worse...</p>

<p>Maybe a pc preloaded with a bunch of wonderful stuff would have been better for you?</p>

www.citysnaps.net

<p>The apps mentioned above are fine on Mac.</p>

<p>Another trick works in the finder - e.g., with no additional apps. (It isn't perfect, but give it a try anyway.)</p>

<p>Open a folder containing your RAW images (or virtually any other type of file.) Click on the first file in the folder to select it. Press the space bar and the OS will display a preview of the file right in the Finder. Go ahead and resize this preview window for dimensions and shape. Then press the down arrow to navigate to the next file in the folder and so forth.</p>

<p>Dan</p>

• 1 month later...