Lens for real estate iNTERIOR shots?

chris cornwell blog

<p>Haven't seen any comments on the Tamron 11-18mm (which I have). How does it compare to lenses by Sigma and Tokina? I use mine on a Canon XSi, but don't do interior shots. I have it because I got it at a real good deal from a fellow selling off his Canon gear. I like it!</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Primes under $400 for tight interior spaces on a crop body?<br>

I use 2 manual Nikons on a Canon with adapter: 15mm & a 28mm: Olympus 18mm & 24mm, and Canon EF-S 10-22 are pretty good for architectural without spending mucho $$$ - not sure if any are compatible with a D300 lens register.<br>

Don't need fast lenses for real-estate: low distortion optics stopped down with effective lighting is the ticket.<br>

Check http://forum.manualfocus.org/ for more info</p>

• 7 months later...

<p>Hey Chris!</p>

<p>I use a Canon 17-40 on a Canon 5D. Please note that the Canon 5D is a full frame camera so the 17mm is a 17mm when shooting wide. The point is that you will need minimum 15-16-17mm at the wide end. I am sure you can pick up something similar on ebay in a Nikon version. The interior shoots on my website have been captured at 17mm --- www.usafromabove.com<br>

I hope this helps.<br>

Otto</p><div>00UBwg-164265684.thumb.jpg.b6bd94990610d412872873f8a64c0526.jpg</div>