Can you drop off B&W film at Wal Mart for processing?

<p>Here are the results: Fuji or courier picks up the send out envelopes, Walmart doesn't even open the drop box, Fuji does the C41 and sends the B&W (non C41) to......guess who...........Dwayne's. Came back in just over a week. Stated turn around- 2 weeks. No return yet on the service/cost questions. I followed the procedure I posted above and wrote the notes as though the recipient has never seen a roll of 120 film, or any film for that matter. They followed the instructions perfectly, even returned the 120 spools and backing paper like I asked (it was a test but I'll never take a chance on a 620 spool). The quality is hard to tell because of a light leak in the Kodak Tourist, poor focusing, speeds are probably off and the Hawkeye prints are somewhat out of focus. What a wonderful waste of 4 rolls but I felt retro and developing was at least $15 less PER ROLL than Ritz. I'll probably shoot the Hawkeye again but not the Tourist anytime soon.</p>

<p>120, C41, 8 exposures, 6x9cm on 3x5" paper- $1.32</p>

<p>120, C41, 12 exposures, 6x6cm on 3x3" paper- $1.56</p>

<p>120, B&W Neopan, 12 exposures, 6x6cm on 3x3" paper- $3.42</p>

<p>120, B&W TMY-2, 8 exposures, 6x9cm on 3x5" paper- $2.74</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Wow, I'm really surprised that WalMart C41 prices are so low, especially for a film format that's got to be an insignificant part of an already insignificant business. I gotta believe someone in the Walton family is a photo bug.</p>

<p>Okay, time to burn through my last few rolls of 120 Astia and Velvia...</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Jan 07,2009 I wrote this in a response: "I also sent a note in a send out envelope requesting confirmation and costs for specific 35 and 120 services. The rep said someone would answer and return it to the store just like it was processed film...........we'll see"</p>

<p>As of Feb 1, 2009 I have not received a reply and I don't expect to. I was pleased with the price and speed of processing though, see my post above, Jan 19,2009.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>Hi, im new at this, this is my first year of Photography. I had an assignment for my next day of class...and i decided to go to Wal-mart because it would be quicker to develop it there. I dropped off my B&W film at Wal-mart.. (i didnt know they dont develop B&W film...)The lady thought it was a color film and she did was she was supposed to do. Then, an hour later i picked it up, and the WHOLE film had like a transparent color.. it was like a see-through sort of thing.. She told me, that maybe i could still develop it in the dark room. Do you think that it will work?.. or is there any other way i can do it?</p>

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

<p>I just got a roll of Kodak TMAX 400 back from Wal Mart and the photos were horrible. They were flat and washed out looking. The photos were taken with a tried and true Nikon F3 which always takes great photos. <br>

I asked the clerk at Wal Mart where they send them to and he thought it was a Fuji lab somewhere. I don't know if they developed the T MAX 400 with C-41 processing or what. I don't know what the photos would look like it that was the case. <br>

I even gave clear directions that it was Black and White professional film and I only wanted a CD made. Well I got the lousy prints and NO CD. Go figure. Will probably be the last time for the Fuji lab for developing my film.<br>

I have always used Dwayne's in Parson's Kansas but I thought I'd give the Wal Mart a shot because I have read some good reviews on their developing or whomever they have do the developing. <br>

</p>

<p>Lex, <br>

I was so bummed out with the lousy photos that I just took the whole package back to Wal mart for a refund including the<br>

negatives. I actually specifically noted on the envelope that I wanted a CD ONLY and I got prints and NO<br>

CD. <br>

When I send a roll of film to Dwayne's and specify a CD only that's what I get, along with the negs. <br>

So I guess it will be back to Dwayne's with my film in the future. I just thought I'd give Wal mart a try. <br>

Thanks for responding to my plea. </p>

<p>My have used Walmart send out service extensively during the past year. I sent them my E6, BW, and 120 C-41 films. I have very good experience so far.<br /><br />To John P.:<br>

For any format other than 135 C-41, they do not provide any scanning service, even you ask for it. As to 135 C-41, you'll get a CD. BUT DON'T DO IT. The CD and prints are all you'll get back from them. Your negatives will not come back. But they DO return your negatives/slides for all the other formats, including 120 C-41.<br>

I did ask prints one time on a 120 roll of TMAX 400. The prints were not good. They were the same quality of the BW400CN/XP2 prints you get from a C-41 mini-lab. They are printed on color paper, not true BW.</p>

<p>John,<br>

I too had a horrible experience with Walmart's "send out" service for color 35mm film. First, it took almost 2 weeks to get it back to the walmart store; they said they would call me but never did. I just decided to go to the store and ask someone on person if my order had come in. Second, the prints were really lousy; no negatives, only prints made from the scanned images that are sent to the store.<br>

It seems that most of Walmart's employees that work in the photo labs have no working knowledge of how their send out service works nor how long it typically takes to receive the pictures back. I'm fed up with them and will never use their film or digital services again.</p>