"transferring data from bp.specificclick.net"

chris_werner

<p>For the past few days I can't view images other than thumbnails, and the loading hangs with the above as the explanation. It happens everywhere I try to view a posted image (again, aside from thumbnails). I'm not having any problems on other sites, nor any other computer problems of which I am aware. Is this me or a site issue? If it helps, I'm using Firefox on a Mac.</p>

<p>Chris, this was handled in a <a href="../site-help-forum/00RpfO">previous thread.</a> The "bp.specific" stuff is a malware program that is running on your computer. You can search for this on Google. Try running a non-anti-virus anti-malware program to get rid of it. Apparently, anti-virus programs do not detect it. Regards.</p>

<p>It is <b><i>not</i></b> malware, etc.</p>

<p>Specificclick.net provides site-visitor tracking services. The sub-domain, here being listed as 'bp', is likely just one of their servers. </p>

<p>Most likely you saw it hang because their server was either experiencing problems, overloaded, etc., or your cookie got corrupted. That could explain why a re-boot helped, though it was probably just quitting the browser that was needed. If you use Firefox, I suggest you set your cookies to be discarded every time you quit FF.</p>