Fomadon RO9 or RO9 New

j._queue

<p>I recently purchased a bottle of RO9 from Freestyle and now I'm not sure of which dilution/time to use because the Massive Dev Chart on digitaltruth.com has an entry for 'RO9' and 'RO9 New'. Should the bottle state 'New' or what? Question is, how do I determine which version I have? </p>

<p>Jake,<br>

This is pretty well documented in all of the forums. Dilute R09 1+40 and use same times that you would use for Rodinal 1+50. As with any film/developer combination recommended times are just a starting point. Try a test roll at the recommended time and then adjust the time up or down to get negatives that print the way that you want them to.</p>

<p>I'd like to know what's "new" about it. Is the developer really reformulated, or did some entity pick up production from the previous owner and give the packaging a facelift? Remember too that the MDC is just a bunch of data compiled from the contributions of volunteers and amateurs. It's not a bad place to research film development times. It is also hardly the definitive work that it is often thought to be. </p>

<p>It has been upgraded to a higher concentration that is all it is now diluted just like moderen Rodinal. infact it may be modern rodinal . That is all I know at this time. It has a longer shelf life than the older stuff I am also told. Maybe someone else can tell us more about it. I have just seen the new box and dilution change that is all I know.</p>

<p>Robert Vonk talks about it in this thread right here.<br>

http://www.photo.net/black-and-white-photo-film-processing-forum/00RVC4<br>

Larry</p>