Did anyone get it.

Tonight 12/1/08 Jupiter and Venus were visable from Earth. Did anyone get any good shot? I forgot it was happening

and by the time I got out and set up my tripod it was a little too late to get any good shots.

I was able to fire off a few but nothing spectacular. If anyone did get any, can you post them? I heard it wont happen

again until the year 2054.

Jupiter and Venus will be almost as close again tonight. The apparent position of the moon will be further away. For observers in parts of Europe, Venus actually passed behind the moon. This event is called an occulation. Not visible from the USA, though. We just got a near miss.

Venus is so bright that if you know where to look you can find it in broad daylight.

I live near Seattle. We won't see clear skies until May. These astronomical phenomena that happen in the winter just add

to the sadness brought on by gray skies day after day after day. Great photo from Anthony!

Nice job of merging two images. I shot a couple of photos at dusk and using the 70mm end of my 70-300 EOS zoom I just managed to get all three in one frame. Will post later if it looks good.

I spotted the moon early this afternoon. I found Venus at 1:30 P.M. by dialing in RA and declination coords into the setting circles on my telescope. Sky was too bright even with the telescope to see Jupiter then.