Memory card.

sumit_dhamija

Some folks are brand purists and will tell you to buy only Sandisk or Lexar cards. Given the camera you have, any of the following 2GB or 4GB cards will serve you well - Sandisk, Kingston, Lexar, or Transcend. I use a mix of Kingston, Sandisk and Transcend, and have not had any problems with them.

Here's a web site for you to check prices, and possibly order from - www.newegg.com

Lexar,Sandisk and Kingston are all top Quality cards. It depends on the type of photography you do, do you need fast cards or Just general photography.I currently use the Sandisk Ultra, but I'm think of adding the faster Kingston Ultimate 266X. New egg is sell the 4gb cards for $39.49. What ever you do DO NOT BUY MEMORY CARDS ON E-BAY.

Lexar and Sandisk are the two most popular brands and offer a lot of resources like recovery software. I'm sure other brands are good also but if the price is the same why not stick with the two biggest? My preference today is for 4 GB. That gives you plenty of storage even with RAW files but the contents of one card will fit on one DVD when you do your backups and long-term storage. Anything smaller and you're changing cards more often than you need to and anything larger means the files from one card have to get split up between two or more DVDs.

Just remembered having read something about this on photo.net. It suggests looking at Rob Galbraith's page.

Just enter this in your browser addres bar: http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007

I thought that faster card would improve the in camera performance. But now I know my 10D only writes 1,5Mb/sec there is no point in getting the fastest.

I use most of the cards mentioned above and have only one that repeatedly misbehaves (4G Transcend). My other Transcend cards work just fine.

Looking back I think 2 x 2 is to be preferred above 1 x 4. Regards, Nico

Sumit,

Check your camera owner's manual for recommendations. I don't know about Canon, but my Nikon came with specific brand recommendations. I think it said something about not following their recommendations would adversly affect the warranty, or something like that. Wait -- let me look it up... Yup, "Operation is not guaranteed with other makes of card..." There are only four brands "tested and approved" by Nikon: SanDisk, Toshiba, Panasonic and Lexar. I went with Lexar. Your mileage may vary.

Will

well i work for staples, and sell both lexar and sandisk.. right now i ended up with an 8G sandisk for 15 Canadian.. but yeah works good for me and i use a harddrive to back up my photos plus an online

website(not as good but works none the less) but yeah you can pick up dvds cheaper and if you have a

DL dvd burner you can even get 8G dvds so you dont have to worry about making more than one copy

:D