Problems reading my memory card

cguaimare

I have a Nikon D300. I can see the 300 pictures that I took IN my camera... but the computer does not read the card.

I tried with 2 different card reader without success. I changed the computer and the problem remains. ANYBODY

HAS AN IDEA ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON? Please those pictures are very important for me.

If it is a new camera, you need to get the latest ACR from Adobe if they are raw files.

If JPEGS, download from any reader as they should be readable. If not try the camera as the download vehicle.

If you did not format the card for the camera there will be issues. If you have been erasing images and not reformating

there could be issues. Both may need some recovery software.

NEVER erase an image. It works for a while, but then disaster strikes.

Carlos, I have a different kind of camera, but it came with a USB cable. When I looked up the "Tech Specs" on the

Nikon, it mentioned that it had a high-speed USB interface. Do you have such a cable that came with the camera?

My procedure for using such a cable is to: load the memory card in the camera, hook up the cable from the camera to

the computer, turn the camera "On". Then, in my "Finder" software, like "Windows Explorer", navigate over to where the

camera appears in the computer's memory diagram. Drag and drop or copy and paste to a folder to where I want the

pictures to go. In this way, I avoid directly loading a memory card into the computer.

If I had multiple memory cards, I would use basically the same procedure for each one. The only cautions would be to

"Eject" the drive (the camera) from the software memory diagram; turn the camera off before changing cards; turn the

camera back on when the next card is successfully loaded; drag and drop, as listed above.

Perhaps this method can help you download your photos into your computer. J.

On most cameras, the photos are stored in folders on the card and not directly at the front. For instance, my Nikon D200

stores them in a folder 100ND200 within a folder called DCIM. I'm fairly sure your D300 does something similar and you'll

have to navigate a bit. See screenshot.

When you look in the Windows Explorer (or Mac OS Finder) do you see a bunch of files? Or none at all?

If you're shooting NEF (Nikon Electronic File, "RAW") you will probably need some photo-editing software on your

computer.

If you haven't already, start by downloading a 30-day trial version of Adobe Photoshop, Photoshop Elements or

Lightroom,

all available for both PC and Mac. If you're on a Mac, the included iPhoto should be able to handle them once you've

located

the files.<div>00RUqs-88615684.jpg.5dab62ddeb67c2ebeb7ec2c6fcd73464.jpg</div>

Paulo what card reader are you using. It seems my computer does not recognize my CF. I try one CF with just one picture and I had no poblem but when I put another CF with 300 pictures my computer does not recognize or read it. My card reader is the "USB 2.0 52.

Has anyone known or heard about that perhaps a camera format the memory card in such a way that makes it unreadable for computers? My camera works perfect BUT I can not read the memory card in the computer. I can see the pictures thru my camera. I have tried everything. Different card readers, different memory cards,different computers and using my camera thru an usb cable and nothing works.

If you can't get the cards to read and if the images need to be saved I can probably get them on to a CD or a DVD for you. Email me at savagesax@aol.com and I'll try to help you out. I have a computer degree and I specialize in hard drive and memory card data recovery.