Fujichrome Slide Processing Mailers Rumor is False

There have been some postings here and elsewhere about Fuji and Dwayne's Photo discontinuing or no longer honoring the Fujichrome

Prepaid Processing Mailers, perhaps because of a notice that has appeared on the B&H Photo web page for the mailers that reads "Slide

Processing Mailer for all 24 or 36-exp E6 35mm Film (Not Valid After 12/09)"

This is NOT true. I learned through emails with Dwayne's Photo and with Fujicolor USA, and a phone conversation with a Fujicolor USA

representative, Ms. Ann Walker, that the mailers do not carry expiration dates, and the mailers will continue to be honored by Dwayne's

Photo. Ms. Walker has called B&H and has been told that they will take care of the error on their website.

As Ms. Walker said, "This should clear up all worries about the mailers."

I hope this is true, but, the mailers do have the 12/2009 expiration date actually printed on them and when I called Dwaynes, they said that they will honor expired mailers today, but could not guarantee that they would in the future. So what I took away from this was that it is safer to assume that they may not honor them after 12/2009, or may require payment to make up the price difference when rates go up. Seeing that I have a huge stockpile of them now (and was considering buying more to lock in the $5/roll price), I will use up what I have first.

I recently bought the mailers from B&H and they are marked valid through: 12/31/09. So I go under the premise that until they remove that from the mailer it is true. I would like to buy more and will but not any more than I know I will use in a short time. I also expect to see the price increase with a adjustment of the expiration date at some point in the future. A&I E-6 mailers are already $9.75 from B&H.

• 4 months later...

<p>I called Fujifilm USA this morning (04/08/2009), 1-800-800-3854 ,2 ,3, Kelly answered the phone and said she heard about it but she was not sure if Dwayne's Photo is going to stop it or not.<br>

So I called Dwayne's Photo, 1-800-522-3940, the representative said she didn't get any notice from Fuji Co., and suggested me to Fuji Co. directly, she also gave me number.<br>

So I called Fuji Co. again, 1-888-385-4257, Ms. Ann Walker answered the phone. She confirmed me that Fuji mailers will be good to process after 12/31/2009, and the price will be same.</p>