5D MkIII Is it what you wanted?

scott_ferris

<p>So what I have been saying are not "verifiable facts"?<br>

Anyone can see a massive improvement by comparing the 5D MKI and the 5D MNKII, and anyone can see not that much of an improvement by comparing the the "verifiable facts" of the 5D MKI and the 5D MNKIII.<br>

By the sound of it if Canon kept the MKIII the same as the MKII, and added a few bells and whistle to it you would be rushing out to buy that to.<br>

With the exception of sports or wildlife, if you can't take great photos with a 5D MKII, and you have to buy a £3000 MKIII to replace the MKII you already have, when the only real improvement is the AF,the problem is not the camera, but the person using it.</p>

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brand switcher, better to get good point and shot so it will be easier for them to switch.

On the other hand do we need more MP camera yes we are. I remember when MK II was released, Nikon users was

having similar conversation. Now honestly what if canon had come up with 36 MP do we still say the same thing.

I don't see any point arguing about company decision (right or wrong) they do to maximize profit although customer

satisfaction is the most successful key.

I went to Iraq and I have seen a picture that was taken in 1918 and the shot was terrific. Now a days with any cam we are

able to do much more.

Electronic market is an endless develop that if you seek after it, you will drain your pocket very fast

<p>Abbas, <br>

I agree, you can't keep switching brands. One of the points of SLR's is that you customise you're equipment, lenses, flash etc, and that doesn't come cheap.<br>

Sometimes I wonder if Canon and Nikon are in league with one another, Nikon had a 12mp DSLR while Canon had a 21mp DSLR, now the roles have reversed. If Canon or Nikon had their way we'd either be switching every 4 years, or having a duplicate set of gear with Canon's name on one and Nikon's on the other, but thats the name of the game when your in business, and forum threads are not going to change that.<br>

I would love to have a 5D MKIII, of course it's a better camera than the MKII. But even if the price was lower I'd still be disappointed. Canon took the AF from the 1DX, did hardly anything to the sensor, took the toys from the 7D and put it in a MKIII body, and for good measure whack the price up another £600. When I'm paying this type of money on a camera I don't want a " well rounded camera" , " well rounded cameras " are for the xxxD or the xxD range. I want a camera thats aimed at a specific area and not sit on the fence. <br>

Everyone is entitled to spend their money on what, but sometimes it's like pulling teeth trying to get a reasonable response from people.<br>

If Scott had said, " you know what, it's not much of an upgrade, when you look at the MKI and MKII, but I need the AF and I didn't want to shell out for a 1DX." Ok, but to say two pro's couldn't wait to get rid of the most revolutionary full frame camera to come along, and then they couldn't wait to get rid of the most revolutionary crop camera to come along, is a bit much. What are two pro's doing with two enthusiasts camera as main body's anyway. On top of that keep defending Canon,"Canon hasn't put up the price it's your government", yeah but my government left every other camera company alone. Canon doesn't give two monkeys about anyone , except the colour of their money.</p>

<p>Having read most of these posts, I guess I am starting to see both sides of the argument. If you were a 1D series user and Canon has upped the specs, particularly the AF, sufficiently that the 5DIII now fits your needs then no doubt you will be happy.<br>

If on the other hand you were an xxD user or a previous 5D user and were looking for Canon to push the price down a bit and hopefully put in some more amateur oriented features (and I don't mean amateur in a disparaging way) such as on board flash, maybe more compact, etc then you would be dissappointed. I fall into the latter camp.<br>

I also think it is reasonable to look at what Nikon and other brands are doing and at what price. Not because it is easy to switch brands - its not - but because it shows what can be done at what price.</p>