Anyone know where I can find Kodak 620 film?

The "620" film sold today is really 120 film with the spool ends turned down with a lathe. You will still need a real metal 620 spool for the take-up side. You will also either need to process your own film, or have a lab you trust to return the 620 spool to you.

Alternately, you can use a changing bag to move a 120 film to a 620 spool and then vice-versa before sending the film out for processing. Search for:

respool 620 120 film

120 and 620 film are very similar. The negatives are actually identical. It is the spool that differs. I have

used a few cameras that say they take 620 film but I just used regular 120 film in the120 spool in them. Most of

the time it does not work but sometimes the camera will do just fine with 120 film. Test your camera and see if

120 will fit and work in it. You can save a lot of time, money and hassel if it works. If not you are only out

one roll of 120 film. PS do not force the camera if you have trouble loading 120 film. You may break something if

you do.

Hi Spencer, The best source for 620 film that I have found (after much searching) is Blue Moon Camera &

Machine, a small, proudly "retro" firm in Portland, Oregon. They will cut down ANY of their 120-size color and

B&W films for you, for the fixed surcharge of $1.50 per roll--and Blue Moon carries a full range (Kodak, Fuji,

Ilford, Adox, Bergger). On the phone, their staff have been knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. This key fact

(i.e., that they will convert any of their 120 films to 620 for you, for a small fixed fee) is "buried" in their

website--it's not even mentioned on their film pages. Rather, the service is described on their "Galleries">"New

Products" page. Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.bluemooncamera.com/index.php?fuseaction=newproducts.products&thisimg=1

You can find their film menu by going to their "Inventory">"Film and Batteries" heading. Their phone number is

503-978-0333. I should note that I live in Maryland, a continent away; other than being a highly satisfied

phone/mail-order customer, I have no connection with Blue Moon. It has my highest recommendation. Regards,

Ernest

• 1 year later...