Agfa Scala 200

You can use Rodinal and develop Scala as a negative. I've done it with great results. At ASA 200, Rodinal diluted 1:20 for

8 minutes at 18 deg C. Continuous agitation the first minute, then five seconds per minute thereafter. Scala gave really

creamy tones.

The other Rodinal development you can use, which I haven't tried, is ASA 100, Rodinal 1:25, 6.5 minutes at 20 deg C.

Continuous agitation the first minute, then five seconds per minute thereafter<div>00R0S9-74333584.jpg.1b122c143ea6ecd653b13fd3e1926b1b.jpg</div>

Scala is a beautiful film that is worth shooting and developing. As to the recommendation of using Main Photo that is a big NO! If you give them a credit card number you have a high chance erroneous charges will be added, it happened to me. If you send them prepaid mailers available from B&H, one in five rolls will not be returned. When you receive someone else’s film and not your own, they will not respond to emails. They do not follow through on phone calls. I have in the past used and will in the future use dr5 lab in Denver.

• 1 month later...

I have used Main Photo. They DO follow up with return phone calls in a timely manner. The one time MY post office lost my film (they were supposed to hold mail while I was on vacation), Main Photo repeatedly nagged my post office until they "found" my film. The staff is extremely courteous and knowledgeable regarding questions that you may have. Out of scores of rolls sent to them, they all made it back to me properly developed and scratch-free, both mounted 135 and unmounted 120. I could not be happier with any other mail-in development establishment. Main Photo apologized that my film did not arrive as quickly as normal when my post office returned my "lost film," so Main Photo sent me a free roll of Scala and a prepaid mailer.

@Tim: No offense, but it sounds like you have terrible luck. I hope that you are happy with whomever develops your film, as photography is supposed to be an enjoyment, not a stress.

@Jeffery: You should try a service before passing judgment, like Tim and I both have. Also, you need to listen to several opinions before making an assumption that something is either good or bad.

Based on my experiences, I applaud Main Photo's excellent customer service and quality of film development.

• 7 months later...

<p><strong>BEWARE OF MAIN PHOTO!</strong><br>

They are giving me the runaround of the century right now. I had sent in two rolls of Agfa Scala 200 slide film for processing and paid for them by check. After several weeks I received a box with two rolls of overexposed film (to the point where I could barely tell they were even mine), unmounted of course, and a scribbled note in the box from "Erica" which said, "sorry, our machine lost power during processing and ruined your film". Also in the box was <strong>only one</strong> roll of unexposed (and unboxed) Scala 200 (no idea of how old it is, or how it's been stored, etc.) and a prepaid mailer...yippee...like I'd really want to use them again after they had destroyed my first two rolls of film! Their guarantee says they'd replace any damaged film with an equal number of rolls and processing, so they were one roll short in both cases. I sent two emails to them over the next two weeks (pleasant, of course) asking about the other roll and processing, but did not receive a reply to either one. I called once and was put on hold...forever. I tried calling again and got "Carlos", a brusque person who said "don't worry, I'll take care of it". Several weeks later still, nothing had showed up in the mail. I called again and got "Erica" this time, who told me they don't have a "Carlos" working there, so clearly I had gotten a brush-off (from whom, who knows?) during my previous call. She told me she'd send the remaining film and mailer. I'm not exactly holding my breath. <strong>These folks are a slippery bunch so it's BUYER BEWARE!</strong> I sure won't be using them any further, and will try Dr5 instead next time.<br>

--Tom</p>