Looking for high speed slide for stereo camera

Stereo slides show off grain fairly badly in my experience. I once shot two rolls of a Kodak transparency film - can't remember which now - that was 1600 iso and the slides had so much grain when viewed in a Realist Green button viewer that I rarely look at them. It was a real shame too - the subject is no more. A couple of stops may not be worth the added grain - if you can make the shot with a 400 speed film and a tripod you'll likely get better results.

- Randy

I agree slow film is best

but just in case, I looked up ektachrome on wiki

=========================

( from wikipedia)

E-6

Current Ektachrome process used for all major color reversal films and formats, first released in 1977. The conditioner, bleach and stabilizer baths were modified in the mid-1990s to remove the formaldehyde from the stabilizer: This change was indicated by changing the names of the conditioner step to pre-bleach step, and the stabilizer step to the final rinse step

E-6P

Used specifically for Kodak Ektachrome EPH ISO 1600 film, which has a true speed of ISO 400 but is exposed at EI 1600 and push processed two stops in the first developer bath (10:00 @100.0F) to achieve the ISO 1600 speed rating.

100 speed film is going to look markedly better than anything higher in a stereo view (35mm or MF). Provia 400X is the finest grain 400 speed slide emulsion on the market. It is pretty fantastic but still, you can tell the difference between it and 100 speed film. 400X also pushes well to 1600 if you want to try it. I don't think the Kodak products can even come close in terms of grain vs. Provia 400X.

No, I don't think they do. Looking at the product lineup on Kodak's web site, I found EliteChrome Extra Color 100 and 200, and K64 marketed as consumer films. The pro film lineup includes E100G, E100GX, E100VS, and E200. Claims for E200 are that it will easily push 2 stops to EI 800, but I'm a bit sceptical about that. I'd have to try it before I bought into the claim 100%. It may be fine for some things, but I wouldn't use it for a high quality projection or a stereo viewer without running a few tests first. I think the best bet would be Provia 400F, or Provia 400X if you want more vivid colors, from Fuji. Sensia 400 is the consumer grade 400 speed slide film from Fuji, and it's good too.