Imagelink: What speed and dev. time with Xtol or Rodinal?

I have used quite a lot of Kodak Imagespeed which I have developed in Spur Imagespeed with good results.

Unfortunately I have left the developer in my vacation home and will be unable to get at it for some time. I need to do some shooting with

Imagelink tomorrow and the film speed is of no importance: I have Rodinal and Xtol available (also SPUR 2525) and would like to know

what exposure index to use with these developers, and also the development times. Please state what dilution you have used and your

agitation method.

Thanks in advance.

You should go to unblinkingeye.com for some ideas. My starting point for Imagelink HQ at EI 25 is 12 minutes at 1:100 at 68F with Rodinal. If you bracket your exposures you should get somethng useful the first time with this combination. Unblinkingeye.com showed Microphen 1:5 for 14 minutes at 75F with an EI of 32 for Technical Pan. Based on that I would try X-tol at 1:4 for 14 minutes at 75F with an EI of 25. I use 5 seconds of agitation every 30 seconds for just about every combination but that's up to you.

Well, this isn't X-tol or Rodinal, but the one roll of Imagelink HQ that I shot, I rated it at 20, brought it to the lab and told

them it was Tech Pan and to develop it normally as such in Technidol. The results were really nice, but the film has a

nasty curl to it and was a bit contrasty, but that's comparing it to Agfa Scala that I shot during the same shoot and

developed as a negative in Rodinal.<div>00QxpR-73255584.jpg.4cfa5c73bd75749765f12d3060c998f0.jpg</div>

Thank you for the replies: That picture is GOOD.

Unfortunately the replies do not help me.

I have developed many TPs in Rodinal and Xtol in line with what was suggested above, and I got very good results.

When I tried to develop Imagelink in Rodinal and Xtol in the same way as I had done with TP the results were very

disappointing. It seems that the speed was something like EI 6 (six) so I did not pursue the matter further.

Has somebody personal experience of Imagelink usable film speed and Rodinal or Xtol development times?

I got my Imagelink HQ from Jeff Adler and when he gave it to me, I also asked him about development in Rodinal and he

mentioned to me how the EI in Rodinal was very low, around 6. Obviously I'd have preferred to use Rodinal because it's

easier for me to develop it myself. At EI 25 using Technidol, you could still shoot hand held, so you may want to look into

another developer, unless you don't mind using a tripod and shooting it around 6 to use Rodinal. I have no information on X-

tol, but try google.

John-Paul,

thank you for the additional information which was very helpful. I thought that I had made some error when I arrived at an EI

of about 6 for Imagelink in Xtol and Rodinal. As Jeff Adler also found the EI to be about 6, then it must be that Imagelink

reacts differently to those two developers than did TP for which I got four times the speed or EI 25.