Leica debuts S-system, 37-megapixel flagship S2 camera

ishik_tuna

<i>99.999% eh? Just another El Fandango confirmed and indisputable factoid... </i>

<p>Even figurative speech is lost on you. How many current Leica photographers do you know are willing to sink

$20,000 or more into an S2 system? The few people I know who even shoot Leica can barely afford

them as it is. I'm sure that Leica will sell a few dozen or so to high-end studios and rental houses (again,

making the bold assumptions that it's ever actually released and that the other manufacturers like Hasselblad

stay at a standstill for the next year), and maybe a unit to a dilettante here and there, but how is that

relevant to the other tens of thousands of their

customers who are still waiting for a viable digital solution to their existing (and in many cases, extensive)

35mm lens investments?</p>

<p>How many current Leica photographers do you know currently own $$$$ in lenses and would like a full frame

digital body on which to shoot them so that their precious 35/1.4-ASPH stays a 35? *All* of the few people I know

who even shoot Leica want this. If you are one of the few who for some retarded reason love having their $4,000

28/2-ASPH turned into a $2,800 35/2, then I guess my comments don't pertain to you.</p>

<p>Nobody asked for the S2. However, a lot of people have been anticipating a full frame digital body ever since the

Canon 5D

demonstrated that it could be done for a relatively reasonable price, and yet have been disappointed by Leica

time and time again, with last week's Photokina simply being the latest insult.</p>

<p><i>He sees into the future too! Gotta love it!</i></p>

<p>Actually, those who are familiar with my posting history will see that I am uncannily accurate at seeing the

future. I saw what was coming with digital even as Leica and their fanboys denied it, and I see where Leica is

headed if they

stay on their present course. Not that it was hard to figure out - plenty of other people did, because I'm not

the only one in the world with more than

half a brain cell. To the rest, I can see how simple common sense can appear to be clairvoyance.</p>

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fang, you claimed the only reason someone would want an M8 is so they could own an expensive camera. Yet most of

the street photographers I know either use a Leica M8 or wouldn't mind at all having one. You make statements you can't back up by fact;

they're just your opinion.

As I said before, but you chose not to hear~ Some of us want a sports car and your answer is that we should buy a truck.

No thank you to that logic, but rant all you want if it makes you feel better.

I'll take the opinions of photographers with respectable or great work I can see over your pictureless opinions. Talk is

cheap.

There are excellent photographers using dslr's too. But I have news for you. It isn't everybody.

<i>Yet most of the street photographers I know either use a Leica M8 or wouldn't mind at all having one.</i><P>The odd thing is that I'm on the street every single day in a major city and have never seen the M8. That includes just walking around and also working street events, political rallies, etc. Never seen a single one...

>>> How is it then that you've spent so much time on the forum that is supposedly dedicated to the cameras that have the

same ergonomics?

My choice, some friends here, w/nw photos, interesting photographic microcosm, tech discussions, yada y yada... Is there a

reason you care so about my choices - in forums and cameras?

www.citysnaps.net