Charity work

fred_monsone

Hello there,

I have a question about what to include in a charity photoshoot. In my 'usual' package I tend to include an A4

enlargement and two 5x7 prints. A family the other night bid £275 on a family photoshoot with me and I am not sure

whether I should take the usual approach of showing them several mounted prints for them to chose from, hoping

that they would then purchase at least a few of the others. Is that morally wrong since it's a charity thing? Should I

show them the 'negs' online and get them to pick three only?

Thanks for your guidance,

Fred

You're probably hoping someone else will chime in, but so far you only get me.

The people who bid on your package would probably appreciate you doing for them what you would normally do for regular

customers. Remember, they are the ones with money! They are not the charity. There's no reason you would seem unseemly by

doing what you normally do just because they won an auction bid at a charity event. If you want to lessen the discomfort you might

feel, offer to give a portion of any additional sales to the charity. That will put you and them on the same page, as far as trying to raise

money for the charity they support.

Peter

I donate stuff like this all of the time. I put together a package for them to bid on, and then I provide that package for them.

I do everything as i would as if the client had paid me rather than the charity. the only thing I do differently is I do not offer

them other items or suggest purchasing more.

However, if they ask about other services/products, I gladly show them and accept any sales I make off of it. I really like

the idea of donating a portion of the additional sales to charity... I may try that next time.