CameraArts Magazine Has Folded

I'm getting two different stories here - but I suspect the second one is much more true.

According to Tim Anderson, the publisher of CameraArts, he could no longer afford to run the magazine and he "had

to let it go back to its original owner." When I spoke to Tim over the phone, he told me that he had "sold the

magazine" to Steve Simmons and had a full and completed magazine that was at the printers and was waiting for

Steve Simmons to give the go-ahead. Then he mentioned something about Steve Simmons looking to sell the

magazine to someone else, but he didn't go into detail about it.

When I asked Steve Simmons about this, Steve had a completely different story. Steve told me that Tim filed chapter

7 and folded CameraArts and that Tim did not in fact sell the magazine to Steve. The bankruptcy is public record in

New Mexico and anyone can see this for themselves. When I tried to access the CameraArts website earlier today,

it was working - it now down, however.

Whatever the story is behind this, it appears as though CameraArts has indeed folded. As a subscriber to CA, I

wasn't given any kind of notifications until earlier today. This is highly dissappointing. Since Tim filed for Chapter 7,

he is not liable for the money owed on subscriptions.

Pete, nobody ever announces a bankruptcy in advance. It's always a surprise to the creditors (that includes

subscribers) and often it is a surprise to the debtor (the bankrupt). People in financial trouble have a remarkable

talent for self delusion; they are convinced that something wonderful will happen to save them from going belly up.

When you go to the CamerArts web site you get a page that says:

"Tim Anderson the owner and publisher of CameraArts filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy on May 16, 2008

and collapsed the magazine. If you would like to contact Mr. Anderson his phone number is 1-<SNIP>."

I deleted the phone number.