Down To Two Film Cannisters, Time To Post Some Photos

mountainvisions

Roger: He's absolutely adorable! And he already knows how to TP a house! I'm impressed.. LOL<br>

Now that Mis has so succintly pointed out the cannister advantage.. I am only going to post one-liners!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caney was destructive from when I got him at 4 mos till about 9-10 mos. But it was never house stuff. He'd schred cans (yeah, metal/aluminum), foam floats for the pool. A detachable radio face (that I was no longer using).

The most important thing he ruined was a pair of biking gloves.

From 10-18 mos he occasionally dug. But from about 18mos on he's never so much as touched anything that wasn't his.

Anyway, the first 12-18 mos the dog is an adolescent and border collies are far worse. So expect some destructiveness, keep him active and busy and you shouldn't have much problems. Caney is always happiest when he is super tired.

Oh, and Roger, the hammock is great for camping rather than a tent. They make a Hennessy hamock which is an integrated hammock and tent. I don't have one but I've seen them in action, and they are pretty nice.

Cannot be used in weather colder than about 50F...without some serious sleeping bag and pad weight.

Where it shines is summer camping in the mountains. Sometimes it's even hard to find a spot for a single man tent and 2 person can be impossible. But two trees are a bit easier on a hilly slope!!!

Andrew,

if you're still following, it is about 2 inches high I'd guess. These are very small wild flowers. The white stuff in the foreground is just a moss.

It's cropped just to 8x10 without much extra taken off (actually probably no extra taken off).

I shot this from ground level using my Ultrapod.

Thanks for the info, Justin. As I said before, it looks nice.

The last time I shot flowers a few weeks ago I was liking the 70mm 1:4 macro end of the A 35-70 f/4 even though I

was also carrying the D-FA 100. These were roses so somewhat larger subjects. No good reason for it except that

the working distance and manual focus seemed comfortable to me. All were hand-held. I'm not sure I would have

wanted something as short as a 35mm lens for that. I haven't looked at the pictures closely enough yet to see

how the results compared yet. I'll bet I don't like a single one of them as much as I like your shot though.

I was just imagining that your subject might also have looked cool with a Lensbaby...(never used one though).