New subscriber benefit... ImagePro@Photography.com (VERY nifty)

joshroot

Hey Josh, this is great...No trouble at all setting it up. 2 small things.. when your editing if you take to long (didn't time it) it times out and you loose your data...hence the bad thing happened message. It also appears you can't refresh the page ( must be using session id ) to check your links, so closing the browser and re-opening is a bit irritating.. Otherwise Love It... Thanks you guys are the best! Ken

<i>"the "limited time" statement was miscommunication "</i><br>

Awesome, I knew you guys were too cool to sink to such a level. Good work looks like lots of people will be excited about this and it's a further incentive to join up. Keep up the good improvements, as always.

There must be some level of disconnect between the gallery management in PN and the gallery management in ImagePro. Such is the life of a "Beta" release.

But I'm having a conversation with the programmers about it today. So we'll see if anything can be found out.

Vrindavan,

Please see my comments further up this thread regarding the "limited time" issue.

And yes, just like any other subscription benefit, you would lose your ImagePro account if you were not a PN subscriber for some reason.

Nice feature, classy design, and the price is just right... kudos to the PN team.

I did have a mishap, though, this morning. After entering and editing my services information, and saving the edits

several times, I was called away from my computer. When I came back, all of the services content I had entered was

gone and the default content had reappeared. I'm not sure what happened, but it seems worth reporting. I'll give it a

second try, just in case it was my fault.

If possible, please post here to let us know whether this is actually a bug, and when/whether it will be corrected.

A suggestion for the future: provide a way for users to keep their sites out of the directory and search listings during

initial setup. Looking through the directory right now it appears that most sites are incomplete, giving potential clients

an odd impression of the community and its members.

Regards........DM

Looks nice and clean. I did notice some bugginess, though (FF 2.0.0.14, OS X 10.4.11):

1. First time on Josh's home page: no image.

2. Clicked on "gallery" and got the dreaded:

"Error Something bad happened, please try again.

More details:

Transaction failed Unexpected error, please try again"

3. Reload. Same message. Back to Josh home, reload, got images in rotation OK (yay!).

4. Clicked "gallery" again. First thumbnail clicked opened image on its own in the browser tab. Back. Click

another image - opened OK in overlay. Close overlay. Clicked first image - now it opened in overlay. All OK

from then on.

I just experienced the "something bad happened" message.

Question: What is the purpose of having the editing sessions time out even though the user login is still active?

I just spent an hour on the "about" section of my site, only to lose everything when I tried to save. No way, unfortunately, to go back and recover the text I had just entered, either. My advice to others is to copy your text to the clipboard before saving and, of course, save more often than I did to avoid the timeouts.

If it's really necessary for the editing sessions to time out, could we get some kind of warning?

1. Please read all previous messages.

2. The most important previous message is where I say "all current problems are being looked into but it may be Monday

before I have anything to report".

3. Please note that it is Saturday night. While I am stupid enough to check in on the site when I should be taking a day off, most of the rest of the team is not.

4. As I asked everyone to note, THIS IS A BETA RELEASE. I very specifically said that there may be bugs that would have

to be worked through

5. Did I mention that you should read the previous posts?

6. Also, did I mention that it is a Saturday night? Give us a minute to catch our breath. We enjoy the weekend as much as

anyone else.

Disregard previous post. I'm in. And it works, sort of. With bugs. Some of them are kind of funny, like my gallery with Matt Laur's name on it. Looks great. Simple, neat and attractive. I would like more autonomy from my photonet foio. Since everything currently goes through there, this seems like an extra step to contend with.

hey, josh--how's the baby doing?

thanks for this new benefit which i think is a fantastic idea, but i, too, am having problems. i hope it's the beta bugs

and not my techie-dumbness! i've saved the layout and color scheme numerous times, w/no changes staying. i can't

choose colors to customize my layout...the color screens and check lists come out blank. also, i've tried to open

the "getting started" pdf, but it won't open--and i just updated recently to adobe reader 8. (os-ie7) any ideas now that

it's monday afternoon? thanks for your help and keeping this site up on top of the heap--you guys are the best!

I realize things are 'being looked into', just wanted to share a little bug I am having with the slideshow........Since signing up

for IP I have removed some images from photonet (mostly because they were super small images that looked like crap on

IP) and yet they still appear on my IP page in the slideshow.....they aren't in the gallery so I can't even uncheck them. I

wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong or it was a bug to be ironed out.

great idea! I am digging this added bonus at photo.net.......I might even pass out this site if I can get my slideshow looking

decent....I appreciate all the hard work you guys put into this site.

-Shannon

Hi everyone,

<p>

As this was supposed to be an introduction to the new feature, and not a "help" location, I'm going to close this thread.

<p>

Please move all ImagePro discussion to the <a href="http://www.photo.net/bboard/forum?topic_id=2301">ImagePro help forum</a>.

<p>

I have reported all current problems to the programmers and they are looking into them. I will update as soon as I have more info.