IF you still use a minox 8x11 PLEASE SAY HELLO HERE....

steve barry1

Folks,

Count me in! I have a Minox B in my pocket nearly daily (loaded with Minopan 100 currently). However, I also have a

IIIS, a C, an ECX, and Minox Historical Society edition EC kit.

I added an Atoron (original model) to my lineup, too, along with larger-than Minox subminis, which I won't go into here.

Like Julian, I need to get busy processing film. I have over a dozen cartridges yet to develop!

Keep 'em shooting!

--Micah in NC

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I use a Minox A (IIIs) though not too much in the last couple of years. I am too busy with other formats in me free time. I love this little thing, capable of capturing incredible detail for the tiny negative. I even bought some Copex film with SPUR chemicals, though I haven't tried it yet.

You can see some of my pics in Flickr (Ondarraitz, pictures tagged with 8x11).

Fernando

Madrid, Spain<div>00QPDb-61993684.thumb.jpg.50b7a8b402e1819f1965a693f2738898.jpg</div>

• 5 weeks later...

I still carry a Minox 8x11, but do not use it like I used to. the last film from an 8x11 CLX has not been processed, not having gotten around to posting to Minox or Lab811 as it is not clear if either are really handling film anymore. I liked the prints from Lab811, but the last price, 30 EURO is about 3 times the cost of local prints from 35mm at 9x6 inches.

The current film has been in for at least a year. A 35mm Kiev (like the EL) has been in three years but I have processed lots of film from the Minox GT-E II, GT-S, Minolta TC-1 and Minox CD155/150. Even the Canon Ixus II gets more use in the past two years.

Film such as Copex Rapid, Ilford Delta 100 are still readily available by mail order. Minocolor Pro is discontinued and only a few Minox Color Vaio and Sensia slide film are still in stocks. Minocolor 100, 400 due turn up, but if you order 10 you don't get them all. I am not sure if there is a demand not being met or if stocks correctly reflect the lack of orders.

Hello,

I used to take my Minox EC with me to everwhere, until it was stolen. Now I keep an empty box of it, flashgun and strap. Finding film is quite impossible here in Turkish market, so used to cut them myself. I made a simple mechanism (a slot and a knife) and cut B&W films, which I loaded in empty film cases. There are some second hand minox cameras on the internet, so I am about to buy another one and start again shooting with Minox..

regards to everyone..

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I used my faher's model B in the later 60's/ Recently when cleaning out his home after Katrina I came across a rusty gum pack that was the minox. I have recently finished my home repair and found a good minox C and am learning to use it . What about film and color slide film for it. My dad had a slide projector for the minox slides he took in Europe. is slide film still available??

I bought two of them at Adorama last year. I have taken a few rolls of film with each and havent sent them out for processing. I would like to have them just developed and scanned so I can track the images with my other ones but havent found anyplace to do that. Blue Moon seemed to only want to print them. I guess I will send them out to them for printing eventually. I just have to have the prints around to be honest.

• 3 weeks later...

I managed to pick up a 1959 Minox B in good working order, including the meter, on ebay last year and I have had a great deal of fun with it since. The camera isn’t cosmetically perfect but that is actually a good thing as I don’t worry about keeping it pristine and it gets taken everywhere and is actively used. I bought a few rolls of film from fotoimpex in Berlin on a recent trip there and a filmslitter from Joe McGloin at Goat Hill Photo http://www.subclub.org/sponsors/goathil2.htm. The slitter is excellent and makes the film really cheap (4 x 36 Minox rolls exp from a single 135/36). I slit and load various emulsions including Agfa APX400s 400iso, Kodak Plus-X 125iso and Agfa APX100 100iso B & W and Konica VX 100 colour neg. I adapted a JOBO 1500 system spiral to take the Minox film and can process the films easily without a darkroom just using a changing bag. I scan the negs using an Epson perfection 3590 flatbed scanner. It manages a stated 3200 dpi, which provides reasonable image quality but isn’t as sharp as the negs can manage.

I’ve put together a few Minox images on my website if anyone is interested.

http://www.dominicfontana.co.uk/

I was a minox user and now I am soon to be a minox seller. I am debating whether to list the camera on photo.net's classifieds or on ebay. I am less than fond of ebay, but it may be most expedient. I once made a 20x24 enlargement of a minocolor neg of a night snow scene. If anyone has any opinions about the best place to list it, I'm all eyes. It's a III and in great shape, well taken care of, low miles regular CLA. I also have a minox daylight tank w/ thermometer and a bottle of spur nanospeed. maybe even some film. The camera is great.

Hello everybody, I want to once more tell you how simple it is to digitalize the photos you take with your Minox. Use negative colour film, leave it to a camera shop that has the possibility to wind your film into a lightproof box from which it is then fed into the usual 35 mm developing machine. Maybe that they can digitalize the film, but in any case you can take the film back home, photograph it on a lightboard with any cheap digital camera that focuses down to about 2 cm from the front lens. And in seconds you have it in digital form and can go further with it in e.g. Photoshop.

Best regards,

Lars-Eric Haggman<div>00RMRx-84659584.thumb.jpg.4534cae55e75d36f32efd58d2b6cc525.jpg</div>

• 3 months later...

<p>Aloha all,<br>

Yes, I'm still shooting with my minox. I sold my minox C that I used for many years (they ARE one of the largest) but I've always felt C's are one of the best bargins for those new to minox photography. The quality is astounding and the built-in cds meter coupled with the shutter takes out much of the guesswork. Let's face it - the camera is still incredibly small!<br>

I now have a IIIs and love it! I'm still trying to find the best ways to scan negatives and I'm always on the lookout for low asa color film. Has anyone tried slitting and shooting Fujichrome Velvia 50ASA? Apparently, Blue Moon can develop color reversal film w/out cross processing. Has anyone tried it?<br>

Mahalo (Thanks)<br>

Dean </p>

<p>I'm actually considering getting IN to Monix photography...</p>

<p>Need to choose and find a body. My main concern is film slitters, since I would reload and develop my own cartridges and film.</p>

<p>Hi Feli,<br>

Don't start slitting, start photographing :-)<br>

There are some options, minocolor, minopan, ilford delta and copex. The film is available at fotoimpex Berlin but id you are located at the States, maybe you can get some at bleumoon.<br>

welcome and success,</p>

<p>Rob<br>

<a href="http://www.fotoimpex.de/shop/de/index.cgi?sbeg=Minox&plugin=searchvendor&action=searchdo&wkid=52384905240129516">color</a><br>

<a href="http://www.fotoimpex.de/shop/de/index.cgi?func=anzeige&wkid=52384905240129516&rub1=Filme&rub2=Schwarzweissfilme%2CSonderformate&vendor=&pn=0&sort=0&items=10">BW</a></p>

<p>Howdy . . . been a long-time collector & user of Minox. I use 8x11, and several versions of 35mm. I carry 1 or 2 on my person every day in the event something exciting happens. :-) No Pulitzer yet! I just got my first scanner & Minox adapter and hope to begin converting the decades of strips into digital. It's good to see some old friends' names on this list . . . glad to be vertical!! :-)</p>

<p>Well I will jump onto this thread as a "potential user". Have started another thread on this forum (in this section)<br>

looking for feedback. If I can figure some things out, I could start using the camera which I now have (which I described in that other thread).<br>

any feedback would be appreciated..</p>