kingston cf cards--okay to use?

I've been using them for years. They have made chips in Toshiba factories, just like Sandisk does. Despite all the branding, chips are made by a fairly small number of companies in Asia. "Bad cards" are generally made with reject chips that make their way out the back door of legitimate factories and get put into cards somewhere else.

Check the speed of the cards on sale. It is a possibility that they might be taking out slower cards than what is in the market or their inventory. But again this depends on your requirements.

I use them and have no problems at all.

I have been using Kingston Cards (along with Sandisk and other cards) for years and have had no problems. Recently I purchased a pair of 4G Kingston cards from a New York seller (either B&H or Adorama - I don't remember which) for $40 each with a rebate of $20 for each card. That totalled out to only $20 per card with free shipping. Unfortunately the rebate is over.

BTW: 4G is about as big as I use. I don't want to put all my images on one card. Besides I always use at least 2 cameras so I have 8g at my disposal.

I would have 4 x 4gb card rather than one 16 gb card too. Its just the law of probability that some day something might go wrong and then it will not be 16 gb of images lost but only 4 gb and this might be a consolation in a grave situation :-)

And this stands for all brand of cards.