using & storing Ektachrome Infrared

I'm currently shooting a roll of Ektachrome Infrared I've had in the freezer for a year.

I took it out 2 & half weeks ago to shoot some frames, but lately the skies have

been cloudy and I've put my project on hold waiting for blue skies (since this film is

discontinued I'm looking for very specific types of scenes to shoot, not to waste it).

The roll was in my camera for 1 week when I got more lousy weather, I read in

Kodak's techpub that EIR can't tolerate more than 1 week @ room temperature so

I put it back in the freezer. I've done this w/other films before but the techpub also

says temperature changes can also fog the film. Can anyone advise me how to

preserve this film throughout this type of project and keep it from fogging?

If you are going to put film back in the freezer, make sure it is in a moisture proof container (like the original plastic can). When you take the film out of the freezer it will need protection from moisture condensation until it warms up to room temperature.

But a piece of dry bread in a zip lock bag (to absorb moisture) along with the camera containing the film in mid-roll.Then put it in the freezer. When the weather is OK allow about 5 hours for a typical 35mm camera to warm up to room temperature before opening the bag.If the lens is removable use a body cap and less time to warm up is needed.

In other words - shots benefiting from infrared film are unusual enough that dedicating a camera (preferably all mechanical for the task) is a good plan for the average photographer occasionally wanting the shoot infrared. This is true for both scientific and non-scientific work.

Personally, I used this approach for an amateur scientific project recording plant growth over a years time.Although I used silica -gel instead of bread.