A few graphical/design changes around photo.net...

joshroot

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<i>Erick,

What new answer page are you looking for? They all work for me. Which forum is it where they aren't working? The "new answers" page has not been changed, so there shouldn't be anything wrong with it.</i>

<p>

It never worked properly. I didn't visit for a while and then I hit "New answer" and it says my last visit was today, and no new answers are found. It's been like that for years, since the beginning as far as I can tell.

No folder details page on the 9th of July at 09:34 hrs (GMT+2). Ok, but I draw the conclusion that it is coming.<p>

About browsers: I am using Firefox 2.0.0.15. If you would stick to standardized HTML none of the browser specific problems would occur. The net programmers tend to have the latest equipment which run the latest JAVA and Flash in a perfect way, but unfortunately the average user swears JAVA everyday. I've got the lastest Nortons and firewalls and no viruses no worms - and everytime I switch JAVA script on my mouse gets erratic - and I hear I am not alone. The only one that really works universally is standard HTML. As I understand XTML is Microsoft specific.<p>

(Sorry Josh me being so jump on this views matter. I would say that the longer one is here the greater the weight of the view info. The ratings has lost its meaning to me as ... well for all the commonly known reasons. Comments, critiques are good but unfortunately too rare per photo. The views count is sort of objective number to measure the appeal of a photo.)

<b>Josh Root</b> , Jul 08, 2008; 04:43 p.m.

"<i>Jim & Mike (and anyone else who wants to turn off ecards):

Go to your gallery, click on one of the folders, then look for the "admin" link on the upper right corner (you need to be logged in to see it). Click on the "admin" and a box of options will pop up. One of these is "disable ecards".</i>"<p>

Just to let you know, as of 0300 EST this morning, this isn't working. Plus, the "disable e-cards" choice only shows up in one of my folders...all the rest continue to have only the "enable e-cards" option available. Plus, even though I click on the "disable e-cards" option in the one folder it shows up in, the "send e-card" tab still remains on the photographs in that folder.

I know its late night there but I'm awake here and ready to mention a couple of observations.

Something minor. About the bigger bold letters in the forums. Maybe they could be slightly less blue. Not to change the tone but the density of the color (more grayish).Just a bit.

And something major (for me) in which I'm going to give you my personal view.

In the portfolio view, the kind of warm gray tone seemed more inviting to me. I don't mean that the warmth of the background is wrong now, but I'm just giving you my impression in comparison.

Still not my main concern...

Considering the fact that I have a lot of folders that contain 3-4 images, all arranged in just one line within the folders, my main concern is, that I'm getting the impression of these images floating (not so pleasantly) into the folder background. The empty space under the images looks like (I repeat 'looks like') bigger than the one above them. Maybe (and probably) the length is the same but the gray box that contains the title of each folder creates this impression by making the above space to look sorter than the one under the images. The lighter background seems to increase this effect. I wouldn't be so sure (sometimes tiredness or other reasons may give a wrong impression) but there was a friend here last night (whose visual ability I value a lot), who confirmed that there is such an impression.

I hope the only solution is not to rearrange the folders in order to have more images and therefor more lines of images to eliminate this effect.

In any case, I hope I'm helping.

WooooooooooHooooooooooo ! .... at last the "+/- show details" tab has appeared on my folders and I'm a happy bunny now .

I haven't found any other problems so far and it all looks pretty good to me - WELL DONE to all concerned

i still have no details tab ,but i can rate and critique ...although damn letterings so small I cant evan see it ...oy vey ....good luck guys It does look better ,,,,once most of the bugs are driven out .....It will be ...however I see a crowd gathering over by the ratings critique line ...Wow theyve got ropes and torches ...oh oh ...time to go ...crowds getting bigger and louder ...wheres wyatt Earp when you need him ..?Good luck ...hopefully we'll see progress soon on the tabs issues ...(as the din from the crowd near the rating lines gets louder ) ...:-)

Recently everyone has been stating the the +DETAILS issue has been resolved in the Folder View, but I was still not seeing it. I decided to reload the screen in the browser and then suddenly it appeared, and continued to appear on all other Folders I looked at. I suspect this is is just an issue with caching and that had I just chosen to clear the cache in the browser that the issue would have been resolved that way too.

My only outstanding concern now is that I am unable to determine if a LARGER view of a photo is actually available before I mouse-click it to see the larger view. It would be nice to add a message to the screen stating, "Click image to see larger view" and then to only show that message if a larger view is actually available.

Ahhhh... Disregard my previous comment. I now see that the mouse cursor changes to a pointing finger when it is positioned above an image which does have a larger view. I am a "happy camper" with the hard work you've done overnight to resolve the outstanding issues. But somehow I still get the feeling that I was part of the Pilot Group while all the bugs were being worked out last night.

The tabs; critiques, details, etc.; don't work on the individual photo pages this morning for me. I can't rate or look at details related to any photo. I liked the overall changes yesterday, when they worked but not this morning.