1Ds vs 5D vs D3, pictures from........

tomasz_widlak1

Hi Tomasz,

Thanks so much for posting these samples. I'm very much interested in how these cameras compare.

Since the strength of the D3, and to a lesser extent the 5D, is low light photography, I'd be really interested to see how these cameras compare at higher ISO settings. I think you made the full images available for peeping the pixels, but I was uneasy downloading (and installing?) an executable file to do it. a few high magnification swatches on the web page would be much more helpful than the full images. Of course I realize your heart isn't really into this project, so I can't well expect you to put lots of time into it, but I think those would be the things I'd enjoy seeing.

Mendel, hover the mouse over the photos, and you'll get a caption.

Thanks again for your samples. :-)

"Maybe I'm missing the obvious but: how is it indicated which picture is from what camera?"

I was wondering about that myself, but if you float the cursor over the picture, you should see the Tag. 1-DS.jpeg, 1_5D.jpeg, 1_d3.jpeg etc.

hard to make any real judgements based on small resizes, other than maybe color rendition. Sunlight doesn't really go far to test noise, and small resizes don't say anything for resolution. Contrast seems comparable, although that's hard to say also without a print.

Either way, thanks for the post.

Hi Tomasz,

I use a Canon 1D Mk3 and I have a mate that use's the Nikon D3 and to be honest thiers things that each camera does better than the other I suppose it's down to each individuals taste and what they want from the camera that matters.

I've had mine in Afghanistan for the past 6 months and found it performed very well with harsh conditions and gave great results the only thing I did fit to the lens was a polarizing filter.

Derek