Web page repeating display

sknowles

I've noticed this week that sometimes a Webpage, usually the forum list, list of subjects, or individual

questions/threads, will repeat itself when you click the back button. When you check the history file,

instead of a photo.net/... URL you'll get a ....php ad Web page. It seems instead of sending just ads to

Photo.net, it's also sending a URL which writes itself to the history file causing the Web page to repeat.

One today went to a Web page at http://imunizator.com/scanner/scan.php?

landid=3&depid=&cid=&parid= which started to check my computer.

I had that experience for the first time today. Using FF (latest non-Beta version). Went to a forum page, got a Pop-up dialog box/ad about Spyware; closed the ad; tried to go Back but got the same page. On refreshing the page, the offending Ad was gone - it didn't repeat - but I had to click a different link or use the drop-down history menu to get back away from that page.

I've had it all week.

I'm using Safari on Mac OSX 10.4.

What I've noticed is that I get a message, in regular type across the page itself, that says

"Tracked." When that message is present my back button simply refreshes the page I'm on

instead of taking me back to the previous page. Only happens on PN and PN has been

particularly slow with workspace and followup comments page all week.

We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

I'm using Safari (v3.1) on a Mac G5 with Leopard (10.5.2). There are no popup windows or

boxes, although I got one when first displaying this Web page now, but it's with the history

file and back button. It's http://id325700.adszedo.com/statsg,php URL. It's says it's

scanning our hard drive for files and displays the number it finds suspicious.

It's also been difficult/near impossible to access anyone's community member page today.

Makes dialogue and response to critiques near impossible.

We talk a lot about why critiques are seemingly given less and less. I think technological

flaws such as the server not responding to personal pages and histories has a lot to do

with it. Many times, I sit down with the intent of critiquing others and answering critiques

that have been given to me. Pages not coming up and time outs often get so frustrating

that I give up on the task and actually find it more fun to wash dishes. I am lagging behind

in critiquing but my kitchen is spotless!

We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

I have no doubt that the tech issues are contributing to the fewer-than-needed number of

comments. But I don't think it would be fair to place a majority of the blame on that

cause.

Regarding the OP, I am hoping that the issue is gone. The rogue ad has been identified

and removed. So I am hoping this issue goes with it.

Josh, it's gone, at least for now. It's the on-going battle of wits and talent with some of the

ad companies, as they try to find new ways to entice you to their Websites. And as always, the

trust, dusty talent of the Photo.net staff prevails in another battle against the ad villians. I'll

raise a tost to you.